Earth Day Dive clean up- Split off (Off topic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
If I'm clearing nets, I won't be spearing. I'll probably spear earlier that week. If you read 8 pages back, you'll notice I said I was in - but you missed it :p Try reading a bit in between making 5 and 10 posts at a time :)

I was listening...I just didn't fully understand...I was seeking clarification:)

SuPrBuGmAn:
For free, definately, otherwise, I'll have to see how the funds are going closer to date.Otherwise, I'm up for diving off the beach, where my favorite sites are :wink:

Okay, so I don't know where your favorite sites are...

algulfdiver:
I would like to get a group together at Perdido Pass on the west side to remove the many nets that litter the bottom.
I'd say we need at least 6 divers, the more the merrier. Who's with Me?

SuPrBuGmAn:
I can do a jetty cleanup, there certainly is alotta junk out there.

Since I am not a "local" I didn't know you and Gary were talking about the same place.
I was just trying to make sure you were going the same place we were talking about going. I thought you may have been going somewhere where you could do both, cleanup and spear. I'm still trying to learn the locations...I'll try to do better next time on the interpretation.:)

I could spear at the jetties, but I wouldn't be much help with the nets then :p If I'm participating in a clean up dive, I'll put my other interests aside and help cleanup :)

I thought the following conversation had the divesite confusion cleared up, early on in the thread.

denisegg:
Are you offering this as a sponsorship or promotion and at a reduced rate per diver just to cover your expenses and if so, what would the cost per diver be and would it be on Saturday or Sunday of that weekend?:)

Of course the divers would have to furnish their own tanks, air and equipment.:)

SuPrBuGmAn:
Its a shore dive... You can gladly pay me, if you just must shell out cash for something :p

denisegg:
Shows how much I know..:( ..I thought he was taking a boat out...

...........and I'll have you know I have never done a shore dive except from a boat.......when I dove the Destin Jetties the Captain took all the gear on the boat and anchored right off the shore where we wouldn't have to carry our gear down the longgggggggggg beach walk....:D

but I'm not spoiled :wink: , I just haven't had a chance to go with you guys yet.:)

I know it is hard for you to believe but I still didn't know that the Perdido Pass Gary mentioned and the Jetties you mentioned were the same location. I thought there may be more than one location where people would be doing cleanups like it was 3/24 and 3/25 on our panhandle dive n dine when we split up and went diving at different locations. You know that dive sites, tide times and conditions are not my strong suits. I leave that to you experts. I just try to help get people together to dive and have a good time together.:)
I never post on a thread unless I read the whole thread so that I know what has been said. I certainly may not understand everything, but I read it. :)
I am glad you will be attending and I will finally get to do some shore diving with you. I will let you and Gary do the planning for this event since you guys are familiar with the area, tides, etc. :)
If you guys will just let us know when and where to meet.

Gary and Mat
Please put Andy and me on the list.

High Tide's at 3PM, I'll be onsite at 2PM I suppose *shrugs* I may have had previous plans in PCB, I need to check on dates for that first though.

SuPrBuGmAn:
High Tide's at 3PM, I'll be onsite at 2PM I suppose *shrugs* I may have had previous plans in PCB, I need to check on dates for that first though.

I’m not for sure but they use to set up a table at the Gulf State park where they handed out bags, gloves, ect. If a large group got together they seen to it the trash bags was collected on site plus you got a Tshirt for your role in cleaning up.

Now with that said Bugman I’ll meet you there at 2pm if you wish. Hell it will give me the chance to try out this new gear and have someone to pull me out if I don’t figure it out right I’ve never used wings before :eyebrow: I’ll even pitch in ten pounds of Craw fish and a cooker if you like.:popcorn:

Crawfish?... Hrmmmm, odds are getting better that I will be there :)

Red potatoes corn on the cob and crawfish

I'll bring the Zatarans and Swampfire :D

...if I haven't inadvertantly already made previous plans!?!?!...

Add sausage and about 3 more sacks and you can have a party. I may have to check my schedule. What they chagre you for mudbugs there in Alabama????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom