Earth Day Dive clean up- Split off (Off topic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay children.. FOCUS, FOCUS... Here is the issue. Earth Day is 4/22/07. Opening day of Snapper Season is 4/21/07. For those of us that like to shoot the little red fishy this may be a problem. As we all know the regulations for Snapper may be changing ten days after the season opens and therefore life gets harder. So, I'm out but if you want a suggested plan. Everybody meet at Tacky Jacks for breakfast at 9:00 on 4/22/07, then go to the spot where Gary said the nets are, take a knife and cut them out. Gary is committed to Opening weekend I believe, as am I. Sorry to start something then back out. I didn't realize the conflicting dates. So much to do, so little time.

I just talked to Gary and he is still on for our Earth Day Clean Up Dive on Sunday April 22nd. We will be posting the details about when and where to meet.:)

I was teasing about Gary feeding us though. We will all meet somewhere together and eat after the dive.:)

eww .how appropriate for earth day ..save the snapper..

seadoggirl:
Way to pick up the ball I dropped... Thanks D!

You are quite welcome Donna...have fun spearing!!:)

Maybe seadoggirl can donate the fish she gets on Sat. for a fish fry on Sun.:rofl3:

Well if you guys just want to have a fish fry on the beach after we dive, I won't object....I'm all for anybody doing the cooking, as long as it is not me.:)

Alot of the nets are on the beach side of the west jetties, and close around the point. The ones around the piont will be a bit hairy picking out if you don't dive during slack :) Could be fun.

Time should be determined by tides.

So are you in Bugman, or are you gonna be spearing?

If I'm clearing nets, I won't be spearing. I'll probably spear earlier that week.

If you read 8 pages back, you'll notice I said I was in - but you missed it :p Try reading a bit in between making 5 and 10 posts at a time :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom