E-Z UP question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got my new e-z up delivered about 45 minutes ago. Oh Yeah! Got the partial sidewall and stakes also (like I need tent stakes).

Question is (I know, this will come with experience) can one person open it?

I tried strapping the "open here" part of one side of the frame to my porch rails and pulling on the other "open here" part" (I know, the strapped down part won't move when it's tied down), then tried turning it on its side and pushing on the black sliders on the leg rails. To no avail.

Anyone able to help?

I hate it when I get something new and don't take time to evaluate it. :D

I haven't tried opening mine on my own.... there is always someone at the lake that will give a hand!

Depending on the size and the surface of the ground...yes. If you are on concrete or other hard surfaces, you can usually open them by grabbing the canopy supports, center-between 2 legs, very low (think of a letter "V" and grab both sided, low near the point) and walk back as you stand up (you'll probably squat slightly to grab low). The concrete will usually provide enough resistance, yet let the legs break loose to open the EZ UP almost completely. Then go around to each leg and lock into place.

If you are on grass, the legs will not slide and it can be a pain. Just get a friend on the opposite side and grab at the "V" and stand up. The tent should pop open as you lift up.

I deal with these things on a daily basis. If you have a 10x15 or a 20 you'll want a friend or risk throwing a back. If you don't have sandbags, go buy 4..one for each leg.

the canopy lifting and spreading a bit at a time will work. Actually, just did it this past weekend for Bren to fry shimp under while we were boilin' some more. I leave the legs short till I'm close to fully open so it's easier to reach.

HEY MIKE! 24th is my last day here in Lousyanna and will be home.......wanna hit Brandy Branch with me and Bren some time?

tony

hermosadive:
If you are on grass, the legs will not slide and it can be a pain. Just get a friend on the opposite side and grab at the "V" and stand up. The tent should pop open as you lift up.

Was on grass (no concrete way out here in the sticks) and the legs dug in to the ground. I've got a 10x10. Will mess with it more later, just wanted to see if I could get it up by myself. Thanks for the tips!

scubatexastony:
the canopy lifting and spreading a bit at a time will work. Actually, just did it this past weekend for Bren to fry shimp under while we were boilin' some more. I leave the legs short till I'm close to fully open so it's easier to reach.

Did the walk-around a bit, but it was about 95* and in full sun and got tired. :D
Thought I'd take the easy way out and ask someone. :wink:

scubatexastony:
HEY MIKE! 24th is my last day here in Lousyanna and will be home.......wanna hit Brandy Branch with me and Bren some time?

tony

Sounds good to me Tony. I remember you saying something about Brady Branch in another post, but forgot where you said it was. Firefyter and Timeliner may be interested also. We'll also probably be making a few trips to Broken Bow pretty quick if you wanna try that. Can spearo catfish. Did you ever get a JBL?

Be good to see y'all again!

sealskin98:
Sounds good to me Tony. I remember you saying something about Brady Branch in another post, but forgot where you said it was. Firefyter and Timeliner may be interested also. We'll also probably be making a few trips to Broken Bow pretty quick if you wanna try that. Can spearo catfish. Did you ever get a JBL?

Be good to see y'all again!

I'm in for Brady Branch or Broken Bow either one....just let me know when :D

sealskin98:
I just got my new e-z up delivered about 45 minutes ago. Oh Yeah!

:D
Did Medicare or insurance cover that E-Z up 'Script for you or did you have to pay out of pocket to get it delivered to your front door? :yelclap: :smileysto :maniac:

Timeliner:
Did Medicare or insurance cover that E-Z up 'Script for you or did you have to pay out of pocket to get it delivered to your front door?

Had to do the out of pocket thing, Medicare won't kick in for another 6 months. :eyebrow:

Speakin' of that, can I borrow your card? :D

Let's get a Broken Bow trip going in the next couple of weeks.

sealskin98:
Had to do the out of pocket thing, Medicare won't kick in for another 6 months. :eyebrow:

Speakin' of that, can I borrow your card?
Let's get a Broken Bow trip going in the next couple of weeks.

Sorta glad that we don't have one yet arn't you !!

Broken Bow...
No freaking joke !! :thumb: Call me I'm ready ! Fridays - Saturdays Sundays what ever ... I've got some cool spots up there to turn you on to :bogey:

Back
Top Bottom