Dutch Springs August 17 - 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adimi24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I am looking for a buddy for Dutch Springs any one of those days? I live in Westchester, NY and would love to carpool if possible.

I have 38 dives, OW, Advanced OW, Sidemount, Nitrox.

I would be renting a 7mm w/ hood and gloves and from what i've been told that would limit me to 50' max because of the thermoclines.

I dive sidemount (stealth 2.0) and would live another sidemounter but am open to diving with anyone!

Please call ASAP
914 960 3365

---------- Post added August 16th, 2013 at 04:59 PM ----------

I forgot to mention, it doesn't have to be Dutch Springs, that just seems like where most people go around here. I'm up for anything

Hello- there are good scuba clubs locally- one is Westchester scuba club-here is link- Scuba Diving Club Located in Westchester County New York, NY
and 2nd is Aquatic Explorers in Poughkeepsie-http://www.aquaticexplorers.org/
2 great clubs which I am a member of that does a lot of local dives-such as Lake George, Dutch, Candlewood in CT. etc. Sorry I cannot make dutch springs this weekend,but I am usually there 1x to 2x a month. Padi Master scuba diver with 165 dives.

Well, I'm going tomorrow. The helicopter seems to be cool, what else should I see if i only have 2-3 dives?

Where are the thermoclines? I heard it drops to mid 60's at 35 feet. Where's the next one?

I only have a somewhat loose one piece 7mm, 5mm hood and boots, 3mm gloves so I don't plan on going to the bottom. What's the deepest attraction worth going to?

Are the distances small enough that you can go to to multiple attractions per dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom