dumb question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan, thank you for the kind offer. I need someone to take the formulas out of the theories and explain them in general terms, once i get the general idea of what is being learned I can then get more specific. It was making some sense last night over a beer. I'll buy the beer, you donate some time?

:wink:

I mean most commercial flights are pressurized somewhere to 8000 feet elevation. No where in any materials of PADI's at least do they say dont go the the mountains or past an elevation of blah. So does the 8000 feet matter or are they just not wanting you to carbonate if the cabin pressure fails?

Read page 222 of the PADI OW water manual. The do caution about driving at altitude after drivers, right after flying at altitude.

It is a real concern, one of our Rocky Mountain Divers did a chamber ride a few weeks ago, he drove home over a mountain pass too soon after a dive and got bent.

That paragraph, for those without a manual handy, can be distilled into: while we don't have a set of rules about driving to elevation after diving, be conservative and ask knowledgeable locals when in doubt.

That paragraph, for those without a manual handy, can be distilled into: while we don't have a set of rules about driving to elevation after diving, be conservative and ask knowledgeable locals when in doubt.

I guess this is my real complaint... ask locals... they aren't doctors. (usually) So when these tests are done, theres gotta be SOME altitude thats been used... or is this just another thing that isnt standard? I mean cant someone say at an altitude of X we noticed the formation of microbubbles after Y dive profile? Some form of guidelines, other than ask some dude that lives there what they think.

Would have been nice if PADI elaborated on "driving to elevation". Especially since id be willing to bet some people out there think if your plane is at 35,000 feet so are you. So I should be more than safe driving to 8,000 feet.

I guess this is my real complaint... ask locals... they aren't doctors. (usually) So when these tests are done, theres gotta be SOME altitude thats been used... or is this just another thing that isnt standard? I mean cant someone say at an altitude of X we noticed the formation of microbubbles after Y dive profile? Some form of guidelines, other than ask some dude that lives there what they think.

Would have been nice if PADI elaborated on "driving to elevation". Especially since id be willing to bet some people out there think if your plane is at 35,000 feet so are you. So I should be more than safe driving to 8,000 feet.

http://www.ndc.noaa.gov/pdfs/AscentToAltitudeTable.pdf

This is where I like Uwatecs computers. the smartcom and probably your Galileo will display a no altitude warning to guide your decision to drive to altitude.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom