Dumb question - What is DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711

Reaction score
I can't help but feel I must be the last person on earth who hasn't clued in yet, but I see all the references... DIR this, DIR that. What the heck is it, and why are people so worked up about it?

some people think that diving is an elitest sport, that we think we are better than everyone else, and we are. DIR is the best of the best, the cream of the crop, el numero uno, or so they think

kidding aside, I think its a way of diving with safety as the main concern.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
DIR is an acronym for "Doing It Right" :

You can best learn about it directly from the source:
www.wkpp.org
www.gue.com

GREAT ANSWER UNCLEPUG

Wouldn't it be nice if every time someone asks a similar question as Boogie711 and colonelchuck just did and are truly not aware of what DIR is they could get a simple and kind answer as you just posted.

I hope this thread goes peaceful instead of in a couple of days it is up to 200 posts with the mud flying. But then again we are already in the first week of the new year and no doubt we may be due

:D

That was all I needed. Please - to anyone posting below this - don't turn this into a flame war. I just wanted info - I don't want to be responsible, intentionally or otherwise, for causing an issue.

Boogie,

Don't worry! It wouldn't be your doing. It's just natural!

Mud? did you say mud, mud is fun then i have to go diveing to clean it off. but all kidding aside. UP is right and the best answers are the short ones. sometimes when we dont know something, we don't even ask in fear of getting blasted for ' not knowing things we should..." and we forget we were all there at one point, untill some kind sole helped us out......:D

Hey Boogie,
I'm also newer here and was about to post the same question til I scrolled down and saw yours. Great minds must think alike! I still believe the only dumb question is the one not asked! See you around the board!!! FF1:froggy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom