DUI Flex Extreme, Knee pads and fout wear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vilinsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a DUI Flex Extreme Dry Suit and wanted to ask what accessories people are buying for their flex extreme, specifically which knee pads to get Kevlar or Neoprene and for foot wear, rock boots or Turbo tech soles? Your help is greatly appreciated in my buying decision. Thanks for helping!

The CF200 knee pads (and the crotch overlay) are the way to go, IMO. Kevlar holds up against abrasion, but not as much against pointy objects--just ask a police officer about getting stabbed in a bullet proof vest. CF200 can take a ton of abuse.

I would recommend rock boots 9 times out of 10, especially if you shore dive at all. The only caveat is that DUI rock boots are huge, and you may need a bigger set of fins. But the ankle support and tread have always been more important to me than the advantages of the integrated soles/boots. I've seen too many people go down on icy boat ramps thanks to poor footing and integrated soles.

The FLX is an awesome suit. I'm considering getting a second .

I love my FLX Extreme suit, I had the Kevlar knee pads on mine and after 3 years they still look new. I also had 2 pockets, one on each thigh installed, the ones with the zipper closure. I had the turbo soles installed on mine and I hated them. On my previous suit I used the rock boots and hated them also. I ended up sending my extreme suit to DRIS and had the USIA boots installed. I like them much better, they are great for shore entries, which is all I have ever done in my drysuit. Depending on what fins you use, there is a good chance you will need another pair to dive with your drysuit.

So, definitely crotch pad, I went with Kevlar Knees, Large pockets, Pee Valve. Socks and rock boots for sure.

I would do crotch out of neoprene, wrist and neck out of latex. Neoprene sucks.

I love my suit. I have about 20 hours on it.

DUI is not the product it used to be...

Yeah, it used to be known as Dry Until Immersed. The Tls350 was known as The Leaky Suit 350

I've watched these suits since 1996. This is about my 12th suit and was the first time I felt comfortable buying a DUI. I couldn't be happier with the build quality and speed of service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom