Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Collin O'Brien

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I am just about to order a DUI Flex Extreme HD drysuit for the sole purpose that they offer a 25% off discount for law enforcement. But I was wondering if this was the right choice, it is still a lot of money. Would the Santi E. Motion Plus be a better suit overall?

Santi E. Motion Plus or DUI Flex Extreme HD?

I appreciate all and any information/advice.

I don't think you can go wrong with either suit but IMO the santi is a better suit.

While not exactly the comparison you asked for, I own a CLX450 and a Santi ELite+, I think the santi is a better suit. I think the craftsmanship is better, I like the looks better (not that important) , I prefer the smart gloves / seals better than the zip seals, and the pockets are a better design on the santi.

My DUI has been pretty solid but when I have to grab one I prefer the santi.

Can't go wrong with either.

I have DUI because the santi user changeable neck seal doesn't work for me and the DUI comes in purple.

Have both. And it’s a tough call. Both have likes and dislikes.

DUI pros-
Made in USA, serviced in USA.
Hundreds of combinations and colors
Proven track record (some bad in there too)
Zip neck I prefer to santi quick neck

DUI cons-
Fit even on an MTM isn’t quite the euro cut santi has (for some this is good)
Carry bag is absolute trash compared to santi
Higher price tag on MSRP
Zip glove proprietary setup

Santi pros-
Euro fit just works
Pockets, hands down best on a dry suit
Storage bag
Suspender kangaroo pouch

Cons-
Polish made (no knock on Poland, just additional shipping. Serviced in High Springs though)
Limited colorways
Fit for some isn’t great

So I am just about to order a DUI Flex Extreme HD drysuit for the sole purpose that they offer a 25% off discount for law enforcement. But I was wondering if this was the right choice, it is still a lot of money. Would the Santi E. Motion Plus be a better suit overall?

Santi E. Motion Plus or DUI Flex Extreme HD?

I appreciate all and any information/advice.

DUI is a US company, manufactures in the US, pays taxes in the US, employs US citizens and supports US law enforcement divers at all levels and has been doing it for decades, I know from being a dealer and working with law enforcement divers in NY.

DUI is top of the line company with long standing and will support you and your team.

So, I was a dealer for both. I’m still a dealer for DUI. I dive a DUI. There’s nothing wrong with either. But DUI has SUBSTANTIALLY better pricing for professionals. Also, the zip seals in DUI are fantastically easy and soft.

Honestly, on this one, I let my wallet pick. I like them both a lot.

Thank you all for your input. If anyone see's this reply. Should I go with Silicone wrist/neck seals or Latex...or even Latex w/ cuffs. I am just concerned with the cost going up, up and up. I was thinking of getting Silicone zip seals at first then if they become an issue going to Latex w/ cuffs. Opinions?

I like silicone just because they are more comfortable.

I got zip neck and si tech wrist on my flex extreme.

I just caught your 10 minutes from me 🤣

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom