Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your input. If anyone see's this reply. Should I go with Silicone wrist/neck seals or Latex...or even Latex w/ cuffs. I am just concerned with the cost going up, up and up. I was thinking of getting Silicone zip seals at first then if they become an issue going to Latex w/ cuffs. Opinions?

I much prefer silicone. More comfortable.

So I am just about to order a DUI Flex Extreme HD drysuit for the sole purpose that they offer a 25% off discount for law enforcement. But I was wondering if this was the right choice, it is still a lot of money. Would the Santi E. Motion Plus be a better suit overall?

Santi E. Motion Plus or DUI Flex Extreme HD?

I appreciate all and any information/advice.

Three people I dive constantly has DUI suits, I opted for Santi, my opinion build and material quality much better with Santi.

Three people I dive constantly has DUI suits, I opted for Santi, my opinion build and material quality much better with Santi.
Which DUI. FLX is every bit as good as Santi. And made in the USA,

Which DUI. FLX is every bit as good as Santi. And made in the USA,

TLS, Flex extreme and a Cortez (I know that one is on the lower end of spectrum). They aren’t bad by any means however I found Santi better made. Might be a personal liking.

TLS, Flex extreme and a Cortez (I know that one is on the lower end of spectrum). They aren’t bad by any means however I found Santi better made. Might be a personal liking.
TLS was crap. We called it The Leaky Suit. Not familiar with the Cortez. Is that the $900 suit? If so, hardly fair to compare it against a $3500 Santi

TLS was crap. We called it The Leaky Suit. Not familiar with the Cortez. Is that the $900 suit? If so, hardly fair to compare it against a $3500 Santi

No idea how much it is but seemed crap too.

My first was a TLS it was fine. I have a Yukon as well which is the cheapest suit they make. It's fine as well. The material isn't near what the flx is but it doesn't leak. I use it for a pool or backup suit.

I’ve been back and forth with both. Even as someone who gets irritated by latex I’ll take them over silicone. Even well dusted, silicone is a magnet for dirt. Dont slide as easy on and off, and one tear and they explode.

I wear an FLX because I got a sweet deal on it, but I know people who have Santi suits and are very happy with them. The posters above me are right: you can't go wrong either way. I would opt for latex seals over silicone as latex tends to be more robust. Just dab on a little personal lubricant and they'll go on and off more easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom