DUI Demo Days at Beaver Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it would be nice to dive Monte Ne, not sure it can be done though. If it can I think I'd like to as well.

I am staying at the KOA campgrounds, will be in my tent and I chose Electric hookups so my daughter can watch some of her shows while I'm diving and she's staying there.

Should be fun.

Brian, are you going to be there Sunday at all? I'm diving one of DUI's suits Saturday just to say I did it, then I'll dive whatever else I can.

tobad78:
Hey guys I may/may not be staying sat. but have a question.

Anyone plan on diving MonteNe?
Anyone have any expirence here. I'm trying to get the details of it. Maybe I'll just call the local dive shop.

You can't dive Monte Ne right now, the lake is too low. I tried to dive it about a month ago and it had 3 feet of mud and no water. There is some pretty good diving by the dam, this will also give you the best visibility. I am going diving by the dam tonight actually.

Boomo

Wkndbum:
The "stairsteps" I was talking about is across the bay Northwest of the DUI diving site. If you look Northwest from the dam (DUI site) it is right below the first cliff area you see.
It drops off pretty fast there, even with the lake 15' down, you would have plenty of depth to dive by the "stairsteps"

I don't know the location of the pyramids.

Want to join us on Sun?

Terry

I think that is called the bluff's. I am planning on diving on Saturday, I have honey do's on Sunday. Thanks for the invite

Boomo

boomo26:
You can't dive Monte Ne right now, the lake is too low. I tried to dive it about a month ago and it had 3 feet of mud and no water. There is some pretty good diving by the dam, this will also give you the best visibility. I am going diving by the dam tonight actually.

Boomo

Thanks can you tell me about where it is or is it easy to find. My wife would at least like to take a few pics of it.

tobad78:
Thanks can you tell me about where it is or is it easy to find. My wife would at least like to take a few pics of it.

It is easy to find, but it all depends on where you are coming from. The easiest thing to do is go to mapquest.com and the place you are going is Monte NE Inn Chicken, the zip code is 72758. The pyramids are about 1/2 a mile past Monte NE Inn Chicken, that is what most people want to see. It is actually an ampatheater, it is mostly out of the water because of the lake level. By the way Monte Ne Chicken is a great place to eat.

Boomo

For those that dive this event and area, the group of us planning on diving there should have a scheduled place to meet in case the cell phone numbers we've exchanged do not work. Where would that place be? What's easy to find and close to the spot?

cummings66:
For those that dive this event and area, the group of us planning on diving there should have a scheduled place to meet in case the cell phone numbers we've exchanged do not work. Where would that place be? What's easy to find and close to the spot?

Good idea. But, I honestly, don't know. I've never been up there. Some of you "local" guys/gals can help us here.:D

Anyone in the St Louis area that wants to go? I need someone to share gas and room expenses with me, otherwise it's a no go for me. I have a nice comfortable truck with tank rack.

cummings66:

If we don't meet up on Sat then we could get together Sat night @ the BBQ.
OR, meet about 8am to 8:30am Sun @ the picnic tables/shelters by the parking lot
just to the North of the DUI site (north of the Dam) & then drive over to the Bluffs/stairsteps diving area.

Be aware that you need a COE sticker for all of these places to park. (yep, they do issue tickets)

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom