DUI Demo Days at Beaver Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year the public safety divers had their own day on Friday. They didn't allow the riffraff (ahem, me) in until Saturday. It was a great time, if you haven't done a dry dive yet and you are at least OW certified these are great events to get a chance to try it out. I think it was like $7 to DUI including lunch, plus the $10 park fee.

It's probably the same this year as well then. Yes, I've been diving dry for a while and I suspect I'd look out of place in my Viking drysuit. Ask DRRobb about it, at Oronogo I was the only diver in a Red drysuit, I stuck out like a sore thumb. I had thought about going down for the fun however, but I'm not committed as of yet. Too many other things going on right now to be sure about it.

One good thing is my stuck exhaust valve is fixed and makes things much nicer now.

I was going to go to the DUI DOG Days, but I'm going to Cozumel for a week instead... :D It's business though :D :D

I really like my job :D :D :D

Going to put somebody to sleep huh :) It'd be great to have a job that made me go to Coz...

I wonder if I can get RCA to schedule a training class there, I'll work on it...

I plan on going. I am pretty sure about 5 other people from the Wichita area will be going also.

Does anyone know if any of the local hotels/motels will be providing a SCUBA diver discsount?

I'm trying to get a group of us from the Little Rock/Benton area to make a "road trip" of it.

Firecracker:
Does anyone know if any of the local hotels/motels will be providing a SCUBA diver discsount?

I'm trying to get a group of us from the Little Rock/Benton area to make a "road trip" of it.

No, as a matter of fact the place I stayed @ last year for $50 has upped it to $65 a night this year.

Firecracker:
What was the name of that place?

Pointe West Resort, only a couple miles from the dam.

Wkndbum:
Pointe West Resort, only a couple miles from the dam.
Yup! I'll see you there! :D

I got a reservation but I had to get two nights and I usually only go to the first day and then drive home. I haven't decided yet whether to stay for the evening dinner BBQ thing on Saturday night, but if I don't and someone wants my room for Saturday night only (Apr 22nd) then send me a PM and we can probably work something out in terms of splitting the reservation.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom