Duane or Spiegel Grove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove all four wrecks more times than I can count. They are all special in their individual ways.

1. The Speigel Grove for it's sheer size and simple swim-throughs.
2. The Duane as it is absolutely covered in coral and color. There used to be a good chance of seeing the resident bull sharks, too. Sadly that is another story.
3. The Bibb because it actually feels like a real wreck.
4. The Eagle because it gets much less pressure.

Anyway, the good news is that you cannot go wrong no matter which dive you choose. Have fun.

Just did "double Duane" a week ago finishing the AOW, so I wouldn't have that limitation anymore. Nice dive. Went with RAINBOW REEF DIVE CTR, the nicest people I have met in 30 years of diving. They also just took delivery of a brand new boat, the "TROPICAL ODYSSEY", 46', very nice, roomy, warm water showers for post dive comfort. On the DUANE, had a nurse shark in the passage ways lying docile, spotted ray on the forecastle deck, big groupers under the counter of the stern. Was looking forward to the SG but the 3-5' waves and 20kt winds cancelled the diving 3 times last week. Water vis. was 60+ and current low in the fresh ESE'ly winds.

Trip postponed due to medical issues... which totally sucks. Hopefully we'll revisit this later in the summer. How are conditions typically in the summer for these wrecks with respect to currents?

Trip postponed due to medical issues... which totally sucks. Hopefully we'll revisit this later in the summer. How are conditions typically in the summer for these wrecks with respect to currents?
Usually a little windy underwater.

If youre down in 4th of July, I'll be down that weekend too. Just a thought; shoot me a PM if you come down then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom