DSS BP/W Tilting to one side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you need to tighten the harness a bit to snug the plate up against your back. Mine really feels glued to me, though it's not overly tight out of water. Snug.

While I'm posting, I LOVE the pink. Great bright color and it's really cool to see the DSS wing in bright pink! :D

You should do the webbing on your BP in pink too. I've definitely seen pink gloves, and then if you had fins...dang!

Cheers :D

You mention on your site that you're using an STA with Tobin's backplate.

That might be where some of your feeling of looseness comes from. I used Tobin's BP/W (single LCD 30) with single AL80s and single HP100s and the tank never rolled with his cam straps and wedge blocks.

Your shoulder straps also looked really loose in the pictures, compared to how tight I have mine set up.

I love my DSS single (and now double) rig. And all the people on the boat yesterday were taking a good look at it and comparing to their Halcyon rigs.

Missy,

You mention on your site that the first stage was banging you head when you looked up. Judging from the photo, you should be able to invert your 1st stage, i.e. swap the hoses from the left to the right and vice versa. This way, the 1st stage will point downwards and hopefully you will score some more clearance.

I am suggesting this as it looks like your cylinder cannot move any further down without you not being able to secure it with the top cam band.

DSSDive1Feb20012.jpg

Cheers,

Andrew

I generally have my DSS BP straps tight enough so that on land it feels as if my hands are 'puffy' due to the circulation being cut off. In the water, that feeling goes away, but on land it should be rather snug.

I'll have to see if I can get Tobin and Al to make me a bright green wing. :D

Missy,

I am not sure if you dive in many different environments but you may have to make adjustments often. I am often switching from my drysuit when I go fun diving to a 3 mil when I'm volunteering at the zoo. I find that I just need to pull out the waist straps a bit and maybe play with the d-rings/tri-glides. Don't make the harness so tight that it is uncomfortable. I, unlike radinator, like a tiny bit more room. I would spend some pool time with it too. Like any scuba rig, it is going to take more than 3 dives to get the kinks worked out.

D.

darylm74:
Like any scuba rig, it is going to take more than 3 dives to get the kinks worked out.

D.

Agreed, thanks for everyone's input! For the most part, the switch to the bp/w has been great and I'm sure it'll be even better when I get things adjusted just right..

So now the question is, why didn't I switch to a bp/w sooner :06: !! *lol*

I was gonna suggest tightning the straps too. Glad I got me some cheap sunglasses...

MissyP:
general consensus is that I need to tighten the harness a little more, so I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. :)

Just make sure you tighten the BP harness and not your horse's. I don't think that would help much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom