DSS BP/W Tilting to one side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissyP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok, after 3 dives with my bp/w, I can't figure out how to minimize the tilting of my tank when I lean to the side. It doesn't hinder anything, but it does get annoying. Is that a common problem that I'll just have to learn to deal with, or can it be fixed?

Btw-- Tobin, the pink wing was a big hit at the Avalon Harbor Cleanup~ several people were asking where they could get one for their wife or gf :)

MissyP:
Ok, after 3 dives with my bp/w, I can't figure out how to minimize the tilting of my tank when I lean to the side. It doesn't hinder anything, but it does get annoying. Is that a common problem that I'll just have to learn to deal with, or can it be fixed?

Btw-- Tobin, the pink wing was a big hit at the Avalon Harbor Cleanup~ several people were asking where they could get one for their wife or gf :)

I'm not sure I understand the question Missy. Is it perhaps related to your pony bottle?

Is the tank moving with respect to the plate? If that's the case you need to tighten up the cambands.

If the entire rig is moving with respect to your body, then the harness is not snug enough.

Tobin

Ok, Id like to see a pic of this pink wing!

Check out her URL. I looked at her color scheme and could immediately feel the cataracts forming...
:D

Missy, It could be that your harness is not tightened down. I had the same problem when I went to a BP?W and found out it was due to the fact that I just needed to cinch things down a bit.

even her weights are pink

eyebrow

She's diving a BP/W, who cares what color it all is. She likes it and who are we to judge? Reminds me of the movie Grease where the bad boys wore black and the bad girls wore pink and black.

Hmmm, BP/W and a drysuit. I would say she could be the "sweetheart" of the board if there were such a thing.

darylm74:
She's diving a BP/W, who cares what color it all is.

well, obviously she does. she's gone through a lot of trouble to color-coordinate
her gear. i think the least we can do is admire it!

eyebrow

H2Andy:
well, obviously she does. she's gone through a lot of trouble to color-coordinate
her gear. i think the least we can do is admire it!

eyebrow

You said it bro...

Back
Top Bottom