Drysuit Zipper Care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron528

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I realize this thread has been done several times, but after reading through them I feel more confused than I was before. I have a Bare Nex Gen Pro which has a single delrin zipper; there is no protective outer zipper. The mfg supplied a small 8g tube of a European product called Tizip with directions to lube the zipper before every dive. They also suggest to put a small amount of silicone grease at the terminal seal, again before every dive.

Any of you readers have a Nex Gen and if so, what have you done to take care of your zipper? I would like to find an alternative product to the Tizip. I have plenty of silicone grease but this tube of Tizip isn't going to last long, and the stuff is expensive and hard to find. There's no mention of using zipper wax in the manual, for or against.
Thanks in advance.

Tizip is the manufacturer of the zipper.

Tizip is the manufacturer of the zipper.

I'm aware of that, thanks. Do you have an alternate lube product to recommend besides the mfg's proprietary brand? Ever used the stuff by McNett? Zipcare or Ziptech?

I'm aware of that, thanks. Do you have an alternate lube product to recommend besides the mfg's proprietary brand? Ever used the stuff by McNett? Zipcare or Ziptech?

My understanding is the Tizip requires cleaning more than lubrication. Clean it with a tooth brush. Any thick, pasty lube will collect grit.

When I had my Nex Gen zipper replaced with a TiZip, the service tech at Bare told me to use McNett ZipTech. I apply it before every day of diving and haven't had any problems.

TIZIP can not be use for drysuit. ususally use for dry bag

TIZIP can not be use for drysuit. ususally use for dry bag

Could you please do some research before posting misinformation about your competition. The Tizip Master seal 10 was designed with drysuits in mind. I have already told you that Bare is using this zipper and you continue to pass out bogus information. Comments like this don't speak much for your credibility, especially since you dug up a 7 month old thread to tell us this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom