Drysuit Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just looking at the Bare web page and the only dif. I can see between the hi-loft and the ct200 is that the thinsulate with the hi-loft is called "hi-loft thinsulate" and the thinsulate with the ct200 is called "b200 compression resistant thinsulate." All the rest is the same along with the 200g fleece liner and the outer fabric etc...

SO I assume the hi-loft thinsulate requires a bit more air in the suit to loft it? Does that mean it isn't compression resistant? I thought all thinsulate was compression resistant. Maybe it is both lofty and compression resistant. Heck, I really don't care as long as it's warmer than the ct200 cuz I tried one of those too and it wasn't better than the 500g's of fleece I currently use.....blah blah blah...just poking around on the web...

The Bare web page never says the hi-loft is 200g, 300g, or 400g's of thinsualte. Just "hi-loft" thinsulate. More puffy is probaly what it comes down to. Silly advertising.

Internet diving is boring. Saturday? Where are you?

I'm in Moberly Missouri, this weekend I'll probably be diving in a quarry. It's not that cold yet, low 40's for a bottom temp. The lakes are a bit warmer and about the mid 40's for bottom temps.

I like to hear what works for various people so that when a buddy gets cold I can say I know somebody who's cold natured and says this is the cat's meow. If you were closer I'd loan you my Viking Arctic Extreme, it's very warm. Of course that's my opinion and it might be different for others.

In any event, I'm really looking forwards to seeing how this works with you. The price is good and if it's warm I'll at least know something somebody thinks is warm.

For reference I've dove 100 gr fleece suits, and 200 gr. I thought the 100 gr is a summer only undergarment and the 200 gr was a bit cool for me. The ideal combo seemed to be 300 - 400 grams for fleece IMO. I just didn't like how the air moved when using fleece compared to Thinsulate. My comparative studies suggested to me that I could drop down about 100 grams using Thinsulate vs fleece and maintain the same temps, all subjective though.

Soggy:
Try this. 400g thinsulate, custom, better fit, better flexibility, and better cost than DUI. I've got one. Did 4 days of diving on the Empress of Ireland with it. If that's not cold enough, I don't know what is. Santi is da shizzle.

OK, I believe you but where did you order it from and how much did it cost you delivered to the door?

Soggy:
Try this. 400g thinsulate, custom, better fit, better flexibility, and better cost than DUI. I've got one. Did 4 days of diving on the Empress of Ireland with it. If that's not cold enough, I don't know what is. Santi is da shizzle.

I have seen this before and took a long hard look at it. It looks very well made.

Soggy:
I ordered from them, in Poland. Payment was via wire transfer, though I think they accept Paypal now. With everything, it was about $360 to my door.

Those look real nice. Was that $360 for the custom size too?

Jasonmh:
Those look real nice. Was that $360 for the custom size too?

If you review their website, you'll see that you can order a stock size, but custom is no extra charge. they even sewed a p-valve hole in the leg for me. And you get a sexy thinsulate hat! :D

I was always the guy that got cold. Now I'm more comfortable for longer than my buddies.

I have heard that the Weezle Extreme is awesome, that sure look nice and warm.

Soggy:
If you review their website, you'll see that you can order a stock size, but custom is no extra charge. they even sewed a p-valve hole in the leg for me. And you get a sexy thinsulate hat! :D

I was always the guy that got cold. Now I'm more comfortable for longer than my buddies.

Soggy,
How are they to dive with a squeeze compared to the Viking Arctic Extreme with a squeeze also compare the 2 for warmth?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Teknadv3x:
Soggy,
How are they to dive with a squeeze compared to the Viking Arctic Extreme with a squeeze also compare the 2 for warmth?

Thanks in advance
Dave

They are made of the same material (fleece lined B-400 thinsulate), so warmth wise they are about the same. My old undergarment was a Viking B400 and I would say that, when new, they are about the same warmth. Unfortunately, my arctic plus is now about the thickness of a 100g thinsulate, so wasn't keeping me warm any more.

The Santi undergarment does have a nice overlapping flap and high collar, and a slightly thicker fleece lining, so it is probably a little warmer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom