Drysuit Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat:
I just got the Bare hi-loft today. I'm actually wearing it right now to see how hot I get, and it's pretty darn hot. It's also pretty comfortable. I like the stretch panels in it, and being a girl, I can definitely appreciate the zipper at the butt to make peeing after a dive much easier and quicker. :D Don't think the guys ones have that though. I'm taking it out on its first dive tomorrow night, so I can let you know what it's like underwater. I dive BC waters as well. :)

I wouldn't mind the rear panel in the mens myself. I have used the weezle extreme with my USIA drysuit and I still get cold. I recently bought an Apollo from a buddy and am going to try and use the weezle again as it will reduce the weight I need to stay at shallow depths since it compresses quite well. Does the Bare hi-loft compress much?

Thanks

I have purchased two undergarments in the past couple of years. The most comfortable by far is the Pinnacle Evolution. it gives me the best range of movement and excellent mostuire wicking if its warm on the surface. I also have a Bare heavy duty one and it doesn't offer the range of movement that I'd like because its stiff and when I'm wearing on the surface its stiff and uncomfortable. Pinnacle did a good job on it. Appearantly they've got one with merino wool lining comeing soon. I hoped that the Bare was warmer because I'll wear 2-3 layers UNDER by undergarment. I'm very cold natured. Male, 160 lbs and I usually wear a 7/5mm Pinnacle Polar in 70-75 degree water... I'm the idiot on the boat in Cozumel with the 5mm suit... and I like it!

Robert
Blue Sea Adventures

I ended up ordering a Bare Hi-Loft in Medium Large Tall... I'll report back in a while once I get it and have dove with it.

Brian

I'll eventually report back on my first dive with the Bare Hi-Loft when the weather cooperates! Hopefully Saturday...

It sounds like its flexibility and peformance is between DUI 400g and a Weezle Extreme Plus.

scubadobadoo:
I'll eventually report back on my first dive with the Bare Hi-Loft when the weather cooperates! Hopefully Saturday...

Of all the people who's trying this undergarment you are the one I want to hear back from. Please hurry up and get in the water and get this dive done, I need to know how it works for you.

cummings66:
Of all the people who's trying this undergarment you are the one I want to hear back from. Please hurry up and get in the water and get this dive done, I need to know how it works for you.

Yep, I complain the most about the cold, lol.:wink: I hope I have good news too. My Wife complains more about the cold than me so if I like it she will probably want one too. My guess is it will be slightly warmer than the MANY layers of fleece I have been using thus far in my trilam suit. Hey, you have the vikings right? Those tend to be warmer than the typical trilams huh? The ones I have seen have looked thick and warm and rubbery.

I have 2 Viking drysuits, a rubber one and a fabric one. Both are membrane suits and both are cold without good undergarments. I can't tell a difference between them to be honest. The rubber one is heavier and so I need more lead with the Viking Extreme in comparison to the Viking Sport.

Nope, I just tend to not be as cold natured as some, it's not the suit. What I know to be true for me is that thinsulate is warmer than fleece. Fleece as the inner layer to thinsulate is perfect, it soaks up the sweat and you wash it instead of the undergarment. Remember, with thinsulate you don't want to wash it if you can avoid it.

geodiveralpha:
I have purchased two undergarments in the past couple of years. The most comfortable by far is the Pinnacle Evolution. it gives me the best range of movement and excellent mostuire wicking if its warm on the surface. I also have a Bare heavy duty one and it doesn't offer the range of movement that I'd like because its stiff and when I'm wearing on the surface its stiff and uncomfortable. Pinnacle did a good job on it. Appearantly they've got one with merino wool lining comeing soon. I hoped that the Bare was warmer because I'll wear 2-3 layers UNDER by undergarment. I'm very cold natured. Male, 160 lbs and I usually wear a 7/5mm Pinnacle Polar in 70-75 degree water... I'm the idiot on the boat in Cozumel with the 5mm suit... and I like it!

Robert
Blue Sea Adventures

I wore my Pinnacle Merino Evolution (yes, they've already come out) today. Dive was for 60 minutes in 48F water. I was sweating when I came out. It's quite warm. Not the lightest undergarment, though. Still, I was quite happy. Will see how it holds up as the water temps drop around here.

Try this. 400g thinsulate, custom, better fit, better flexibility, and better cost than DUI. I've got one. Did 4 days of diving on the Empress of Ireland with it. If that's not cold enough, I don't know what is. Santi is da shizzle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom