Drysuit Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I mostly use my Viking Comfort Plus undergarment with a 100 gr fleece layer under it for the most part. If it's really cold I might be persuaded to get out the Viking Arctic Plus out, now they're warm. I get wet using them I sweat so much, so it's not a common usage here.

As has been said a thousand times in the past, it all depends on you. If you're cold natured then buy 400 gr garments, if not maybe 200 gr would work fine. Suit design makes a difference as well, I dive a membrane suit and a 7mm neoprene suit would need less than a membrane suit for example.

Why do I use Viking? IMO they know cold. Can I prove it? Nope.

JeffG:
and I would quite literately die doing that. I use either DUI 400gm or my Weezle Extreme +

Jeff, which one of the 2 do you like better? Is there much difference?

Jasonmh:
Jeff, which one of the 2 do you like better? Is there much difference?
I'm using the Weezles right now. They are more flexible than the 400's, but I could do valve drills in either (but the weezles are a little easier)

JeffG:
I'm using the Weezles right now. They are more flexible than the 400's, but I could do valve drills in either (but the weezles are a little easier)

Exactly............

Weezle Extreme Plus needs more air,
Weezle Extreme Plus is much more flexble
Weezle Extreme Plus is much less bulky
400g is a little little bit warmer
400g is much heavier.
400g is more solid feeling.

:D :wink: :D :wink:

hoosier:
Exactly............

Weezle Extreme Plus needs more air,
Weezle Extreme Plus is much more flexble
Weezle Extreme Plus is much less bulky
400g is a little little bit warmer
400g is much heavier.
400g is more solid feeling.

:D :wink: :D :wink:
I'm a suit air hog anyways, so that part is not much of an issue.

If a diver travels via planes a lot. The Weezle packs better too. Packs very small.

Just wait till you flood a suit and getting out immediately isn't an option.

crpntr133:
When it comes to undies they are pretty much the same. Not exactly but close to the same.

I use either the Weezle Extreme + or Fourth Element Arctic Extreme. I prefer the Fourth Element for most of the diving.

I just went into LP and they had a perfect fitting medium/large Bare Hi-loft thinsulate suit on sale so I bit the bullet and bought one. I will try it out this Sunday and report back. I did a search here on the garment but not a lot was to be had. Anyone use this? It appears to be a more lofty version of the newer CT-200 design. Very well made and flexible. Nice stretch panels.

I have been using Softwear by Janice for the last few years. It's a 300g polar fleece custom made jump suit and a 300g fleece vest. I layer another 200g fleece pants and shirt and then have polypro under that. It's well made and great stuff but below 50 it just hasn't cut it for longer periods. Hopefully the Bare suit will be warmer. Of course I can also add the fleece under it if I need to. Should require the same weight or so since i was using so much fleece...we shall see...looking forward to trying it.

JeffG:
and I would quite literately die doing that. I use either DUI 400gm or my Weezle Extreme +

I concur. Anything below 52 or so and I am in the 400 (but i am a wimp that can barely do 1 dive in a 7MM wetsuit in 68F water!)

You bunch of ()s. I dove Mine Lamotte (46 degrees) a few weeks back in 300 g polar fleece and no gloves for 1 hr.

Seriously, it doesn't take long too get cold in temps some think is balmy. After a 2hr dive at JB (68 degrees) I was feeling it during deco with only the 300 g polar fleece. I really need a better fitting suit so I can go back to the 400 g thinsulate when necessary.

limeyx:
I concur. Anything below 52 or so and I am in the 400 (but i am a wimp that can barely do 1 dive in a 7MM wetsuit in 68F water!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom