drysuit squeezing the...uh...you know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neonstingray

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I tried a diverite 905 trilam in my pool the first time today. It was great except for the fact that it was constantly squeezing the crotch area to the point of it being painful. I tried adding air to the suit of course to lessen the squeeze but the air stays near the top of the suit in the arm and chest area, unless I'm exactly horizontal at which point air flows to my legs too but still not really to the crotch area. Am I missing something here? Thanks for any input.

Austin

What were you wearing underneath? A decent well-padded innersuit can really help protect the family jewels...

I was only wearing boxers and board shorts since it was in my swimming pool. I didnt know thicker inner clothing was needed to prevent that. I figured people sometimes use drysuits when the water's warm enough to not need much clothing underneath, so they must have figured something out.

Yep, undergarments can provide padding as well as warmth.

Mark Vlahos

you could try an adult diaper. I was thinking the same thing when I first tried mine out. you get used to it...sort of. :wink:

Sounds like a fitting issue to me. Sounds as if the suit may be a bit short in the crotch.

the K

Thanks guys. I hadn't thought of trying briefs. I think that might help. I wasn't wearing anything other than the boxers and board shorts since I was just in the pool. But I'm taking it to the quarry and was going to wear a fleece jacket and polyester warm up pants, and bring along a layer of thermal underwear in case that wasn't enough. I don't think it's too tight because it hangs loose as soon as I get above the surface of the water. It's not a matter of the crotch seam pressing upward, but just the whole area getting squeezed against me.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Austin

Camshaft,

If you want to make sure you don't injure your...ah, camshaft, try on the suit with the undergarments on and crouch down to test for proper fit.

Back
Top Bottom