Drysuit sealant/adhesive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakewinni

Reaction score
Hey, I'm wondering what is acceptable for general use in gluing stuff onto your drysuit like pee valves, pockets, etc... and patching small holes. I need to do some stuff with my drysuit but can't get the official aquaseal stuff anytime soon. Is there any epoxy that works with a laminated suit? I have this JB weld stuff that from the package looks like it would work with just about anything. Does anyone have any experience with epoxy and drysuits?

Thanks a lot

while waiting for the "real" stuff you might try DAP contact cement from the hardware store... I've been using it with great success on my Bilam drysuit. Pockets and patches both ... 20 dives and no peeling corners etc.. I use 3 coats on both surfaces, then roll with a 1" wooden wallpaper roller pressing with a lot of force. (the contact cement recommends using 75psi pressure for rolling)

Aloha, Tim

don't use JB weld it is not flexible when it cures and is mainly used for fixing metal, and hard plastics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom