Drysuit Poll

Which suit? Remember - YOU are paying for it!

• Andy's DS3

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • 5thD-750

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • DUI TLS350

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • DUI CLX450

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YES I am Canadian.
I bought my first viking (Pro) 10 years ago.
Replaced the zipper 2 years ago at about 800 dives and sold it, sure it had a few patches, but it was still water tight.
I replaced it 2 years ago with a Viking HD. 200 dives and still going strong. They make a tough suit.

Mike D

That's me, Big, Ugly,Warn and dry

:blfish:

... reliability should be tossed in there somewhere as well.

DUI, Andy, Viking all seem to make decent well constructed suits. Make sure you get the right fit wearing the appropriate undergarments.

Something too baggy will trap air at unwanted spaces, and too snug will constrict arm, body movement. I don't know about brand preference, but those two points came across during DIR-F.

With the money we were chunking down, an extra 10% for custom seemed to make sense for investment protection.

Ken

I have a Diving Concepts Ultra Flex Pro. It is a very well made very durable suit.

It appears to be made of the same material as the DUI CLX450's upper portion. Except my entire suit is made of this VERY tough material. The DUI clx450 is supposed to be incredibly comfortable, the bottom portion is made of a rather stretchy material... I think it is likely much more flexible than my Diving Concepts suit. That makes me a bit envious..... on the other hand I only paid $750.00 for my suit new.

Grab the leg of most of the DUI drysuits.... and I think you will find it almost unbelievable how stretchy it is. Very cool. Will one day own one. They look to be the most comfortable shell suits I have seen.

Hope O-ring will let us know how much he likes or dislikes his.

Diving Concepts Ultra Flex Pro:
http://divingconcepts.com/ultraflex.htm

MDDolson.... I wanna know how you route that what appears to be 4' primary hose (yellow wrapped).

Ok, in case anybody is interested, i have ordered a 5thD 750, i'll let you guys know how i like it when i get it.

Cybordolphin,
divernva and I got the same suits (but he got all black since he is a DIR nazi)...I went with the red and black. I will post a couple pics and let you know how it works out if the damn thing ever gets here :)

Yea... I would very much like to hear more on that suit.
I think I have heard it is a bit "heavy", etc., but VERY comfortable.

Thanks and will look for your post.

cybordolphin : asked" MDDolson.... I wanna know how you route that what appears to be 4' primary hose (yellow wrapped)".

I was wondering what the H you were asking about, so I looked at the picture again. It does look odd doesn't it.

I normally dive with a 7 ft hose routed per DIR.
My 7 ft hose burst on this trip, (Les Escoumins, Quebec, no dive shops for 100 miles) so I had replaced it with my 4 ft back up. I should have attached a 90° swivel to it so I could route it under my arm, but that got left back at the Hotel in my tool bock, so I just dove it over my shoulder.

We were doing an open water wall dive, with no confinment concerns so i wasn't concerned about entanglement.

The picture was taken at the top of 50 yd rock climb about 50 feet above water. (notice the rope in back ground) I had tossed the 2nd stage up over my left shoulder to stop it from dangling and hitting the rocks, and it has fallen down, and caught precariously on my BC inflator.

Here's a shot from the water looking up a similar sight.
I was pretty winded after hauling my twin 98's up the rocks, and that's why my friend snapped the photo.
You don't have to be part mountain goat to dive in Les Escoumins, but it couldn't hurt.

Mike D
:blfish:

boomx5 once bubbled...

So how do you like the 5th D suit?

I have been out of town, so sorry for the late reply.
I have recieved but not yet dove the suit. But i have put it on and
it fits like a glove and gives me far more freedom of motion than
the CF200 DUI that i sold. I will post an update once i have been in the water with it.

dui is best made.
you would be surpries how many other brands they make dry suit thay alos have complete custom dry suite. I believe thay are only ones that do full customs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom