Drysuit Poll

Which suit? Remember - YOU are paying for it!

• Andy's DS3

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • 5thD-750

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • DUI TLS350

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • DUI CLX450

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sheck33 once bubbled...
the only weird thing i did to my DUI zipper was open and close it and it failed on me after 200 dives which is ridiculous, my GF has 70 dives on a TLS350 and she has problems already with the zipper and if anybody takes good care of equipment its her!

needless to say i will never buy DUI again :fury:

Wow... I imagine that would be infuriating... can't say I've had any trouble with my zipper and i dive it every weekend... (almost.. I try...) you did wax it every day you dove it, right?

O-Ring: I hate to burst your bubble, but DUI is having a sale on the TLS-350. Normal MSRP is $1698; available for $898.

See dui-online.com products->Factory Owned&Factory Seconds. Link available from above page.

Folks in general: I'm considering purchasing a drysuit for wreck diving, but that is probably at least two years off. Am I better off buying a CLX450 now, or buying a TLS350 now (for $800 off) and ebaying it in two years?

Edit: direct link.
http://www.dui-online.com/Catalog/tls350se.html

Thanks,

-earl-

We went up there today and my buddy and I went with DUI CLX450s. We tried on about 6 different suits and we liked these the best...it was only a couple hundred more than the TLS350. The weird thing...I actually fit the best into a stock small (I am about 5'10", 150lbs, 32" waist, 30" inseam). The medium was more comfortable, but the small didn't restrict movement and would be much more streamlined in the water since the medium had a lot of extra material in the legs. Chalk it up to the telescoping waist I guess...I was in the middle on the size charts between the small (waist, chest, inseam) and the medium (height, shoe size) and the suit only gives in the height category. I figured it made the most sense to go that route and since we got rock boots it won't matter about the foot size thing...

We paid about $1600..

I have a custom Andy's DS3 and I am very happy with it.

Be sure to ask 5th D who actually manufactures their suits. :gotcha: You might be surprised. Then again you might not.

-K

Scubakat,
I know who makes the FifthD suits...are you on quest? Lots of stuff flying back and forth over there about DUI/Andy's/FifthD... Trey said he wouldn't take a shower in an Andy's suit...pretty funny stuff.

George doesn't like Andy's (and by default FifthD) suits.

Andrew disses DUI in DIRF....although I guess this may be just as much for business reasons as for quality/ergonomics....

BTW O-R, what was JJ wearing in your DIRF course? Was he diving dry? Did he endorse DUI?

Enquiring minds want to know ;-)

George asserts that since Andrew isn't a DUI dealer (and the guy across the street is) he is anti-DUI. Andrew insists DUI suits aren't as good as his suits and logically Andy's too. I think it is funny to watch them go back and forth though...

JJ, MHK, Sweetin, and Singer were all in DUI suits in our DIRF class. They didn't seem for or against any of the suits though and ended up liking my buddy's TLS350 and another guy's Diving Concepts the best. The guy in the White's got hammered because it was falling off him and the guy in the crushed neoprene...well, it was neoprene. The other guy had a rental and that was his excuse for the poor fit.

In our course, 2 instructors were in DUIs, while Andrew was in his FifthD suit. I believe all of the "assistants" were wearing DUIs as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these choices

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these choices

They are all good suits. I just got enough of a price break from retail on the DUI that it made it more attractive for me at the time. An Andrew suit looked good, but the distance was a big deal. We got a price match that ended up being actually lower than the Andy's for a DUI, so we went that route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom