Drysuit Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with what PFCAJ said in regards to bigger pockets being better. I glued Dive Rite pockets to my wetsuit, I wish they were bigger. My next suit will have bigger pockets than the Dive Rite version. It would be nice to have the pocket contents fit loosely inside, so that only the item you are trying to retrieve comes out. -Mitch

Oh, and I agree with the big, bellows pockets with a Velcro closure. Even if you don't plan on putting a lot of things in your pockets, having big ones makes it so much easier to get things in and out (especially back in).

If you are gluing pockets, you might consider the DSS ones, despite the expense. One of the reasons they're more expensive is that they're designed so that the strains you put on the pocket when manipulating it during a dive are NOT immediately transmitted to the weakest part of the glue job. This should help prevent the corner-peeling phenomenon, which is very real. (I gave up after gluing them twice, and had the pockets on my Mobby's sewn on and sealed. MUCH better.)

I was watching some youtube vids as part of my drysuit addiction and saw that whites has a pocket "system" (my words) with a billows pocket that has zippers on the sides which allows the user to either have a streamlined low profile pocket, and if you need the room you unzip the billows and you now have a deeper pocket. I'm still waiting on my Pinnacle Freedom 2 so I don't know how large that one pocket is, but does whites, or anyone else for that matter make this zippered billowed system available? I really like that configuration.

Did you consider XS Scuba Highland pocket shorts? Highland by XS-Scuba 2mm Super Stretch Neoprene Pocket Shorts

hl101.jpg

in order to figure out pockets we glued different pockets on our wetsuits, we used pockets from xs-scuba, dss, halcyon explorers and oxycheq.
The halcyon pockets stood out as our favorites after diving them all for around 6 months. I had them installed on my new dry suit and couldn't be happier with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom