Drysuit Pee valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do any of you guys have any specific info about putting a P-Valve into a Whites Fusion suit with the tech skin? I am reluctant to install a valve that clamps the skin to the inner layer based on the way I normally don the suit. For applications where the two layers are not clamped together, did any of you reinforce the tech skin around the hole with neoprene or a similar material? Any recommendations for valves that will not require clamping the two layers and any pictures of suits and valves set up in this manner would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

Do any of you guys have any specific info about putting a P-Valve into a Whites Fusion suit with the tech skin?
Decide where you want to put the valve. I put mine on my right thigh. Cut hole in suit install valve. I used a neoprene washer and no glue. Has held up to hundreds of dives without leakage. There is a thread with install photo on a Fusion which includes the part number for the washer. Then put suit and adjust skin. Mark and cut skin smaller than the hole needed. I have not reinforced mine nor done anything else and it holds up just fine.

Do any of you guys have any specific info about putting a P-Valve into a Whites Fusion suit with the tech skin? I am reluctant to install a valve that clamps the skin to the inner layer based on the way I normally don the suit. For applications where the two layers are not clamped together, did any of you reinforce the tech skin around the hole with neoprene or a similar material? Any recommendations for valves that will not require clamping the two layers and any pictures of suits and valves set up in this manner would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

On my Fusion with Sport skin I did not mount the valve through the skin, just through the inner core. I saw no reason to go through both core and skin, the pee valve works perfectly fine under the sport skin. I'm not familiar with the tech skin, so can't advise on that.

Ditto. Mine is through the inner core only. No problems opening it through the tech skin.

ML

I guess I haven't reached that age where I have to pee every hour on the hour :) I generally take a leak before buttoning the suit up and that solves the problem.

BTW what's with waiting to get out of the water and THEN peeing through the valve??? Everyone I know who has a valve does this. Pee in the water and then you don't have to rinse the suit.. or the back of the boat for that matter.

I see I posted on this thread before. Love the new suit and LOVE the valve. Yes the first couple times was kinda interesting. There are only a few couple times I have not used it since I got it. That is usually when I know I am going to be in my suit less then an hour.

BTW what's with waiting to get out of the water and THEN peeing through the valve??? Everyone I know who has a valve does this. Pee in the water and then you don't have to rinse the suit.. or the back of the boat for that matter.

The urge may not be apparent until upright for a moment.

I went 11 years without a pee valve. My new drysuit has one installed. I tried it for the first time last weekend. 3 hour dive. Yeah, I will never go without.

The Whites Pee valve creates a real problem. I have a solution, but it requires some engineering beyond my capacity.

I bought a Fusion years ago, just after it was invented. It did not have a Pee valve. When I decided to add one, I bought a Salvo valve, which is exactly what Whites now uses. I had them install it, abut they put in a hole in the inner bag that was much larger than it needed to be. The big problem with the Fusion is that you have to seal the inner bag and the outer skin together with pressure from the outside of the two skins. In my case, all it took was a little tension on the inner bag when putting it on to pull the oversized hole out of center enough to create a leak.

To cut to the chase, the Whites dealer I use now for repairs (DRIS) will not set up the seal that way. They instead create a firm seal on the inner bag that will not leak. They out a hole in the skin, but they are not connected. When you need to pee, you have to reach down, feed the outer valve through the hole in the skin, and then pee. That is a PITA. Using my old Salvo valve, I could make a perfect setup if I could seal to the inner bag, feed the stem through the hole in the skin, and then put a washer and nut in place that would keep it there so that I could pee whenever I wanted without having to manipulate the opening with my fingers in the pee stream. Unfortunately, the valve stem is 1/8 of an inch too short, and I can't do it. It seems to me that Whites could make a pee valve specifically for the Fusion that would incorporate that design. However, even though I have tried to sell that idea, it has not gone over well and has no hope.

I don't have any issues with my White's . I can very easily turn my pee valve through the outer skin. No hole necessary.

ML

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom