Drysuit glove leakage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

engdiver:
They are blue gloves outside like the Bare Dry glove system with yellow polymer gloves.
I have been tucking the excess glove cuff under the suit ring cuff when I put them on. I will try and fold them under instead.

I may take a DIR beating for this but here goes, I put my liners on then slip my hand thru my wrist seal before attatching the glove to the cuff. Reason is air transfer is better to the glove, there is no tuck-in issue and in the event of a glove failure which I have experienced I simply pulled the liner out with glove still attatched to seal my wrist. Cold hand but stopped leak. I am not reccomending this practice to ANYONE but I do it, works well and make no apologies for my own personal practices. I still think your rolling your O-Ring know it or not!!!!!!!!

P.S. I am interested in if anyone else does this. Not WHY you shouldnt, Im Aware of that, just if anyone else does this.

engdiver:
Has anyone had problems with drysuit glove leakage. I use the quick clamp style gloves with adapter rings. Every dive so far I have had problems with leakage. I have checked the rings and they appear tight inside the glove and inside the drysuit cuff. Am I doing something wrong?

I use the DC dry gloves with the snap seals. I have only once had a leak due to a hole. A girl with long fingernails helped me remove a glove a bit too enthusiastically. I did not notice the hole (size of a dime) until my next dive. This dive was in 36 degree water. I immediately surfaced, found the hole, then continued to dive until it got really cold. I was fine for about 15 minutes before it was time to surface. The hole was below the top flap if you are familiar with these gloves. I have since glued this flap down for added protection. These are neoprene gloves with the fleece liner.

--Matt

engdiver:
Has anyone had problems with drysuit glove leakage. I use the quick clamp style gloves with adapter rings. Every dive so far I have had problems with leakage. I have checked the rings and they appear tight inside the glove and inside the drysuit cuff. Am I doing something wrong?

You might have a leaky glove. It only takes a pinhole.

You can find the leak by taking the glove off the ring, filling it with water, rolling the end shut and giving it a squeeze.

It will also leak if there are any wrinkles in the glove where it seals against the ring.

The ring system is a little finniky, but once you get it working right, there's nothing like warm dry hands in cold water.

Terry

Terry

That's how I do it too.

In fact, I committed a bigger offense: I actually cut off all the extra glove material that's folded inside the ring. I just didn't see any reason to keep it.

Terry

mnj1233:
I may take a DIR beating for this but here goes, I put my liners on then slip my hand thru my wrist seal before attatching the glove to the cuff. Reason is air transfer is better to the glove, there is no tuck-in issue and in the event of a glove failure which I have experienced I simply pulled the liner out with glove still attatched to seal my wrist. Cold hand but stopped leak. I am not reccomending this practice to ANYONE but I do it, works well and make no apologies for my own personal practices. I still think your rolling your O-Ring know it or not!!!!!!!!

P.S. I am interested in if anyone else does this. Not WHY you shouldnt, Im Aware of that, just if anyone else does this.

Web Monkey:
That's how I do it too.

In fact, I committed a bigger offense: I actually cut off all the extra glove material that's folded inside the ring. I just didn't see any reason to keep it.

Terry

Ya know what you do actually helps people with big hands. They just need the extra 1/8 inch to squeeze thru the cuff. My hands are average so I didnt trim them.

But I would!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom