Drysuit Diving What do you need...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's alright for you Mr Big Bladder
Dude.

I'm a lot closer to the 6-0 than I am to the 5-0. A guy being able to hold it for half a day at that age would be a medical sensation and could be published in BMJ. But I still can hold it for an hour or so.

Rock boots if your suit has socks, negative fins. My wetsuit fins simply won’t fit over rock boots. I haven’t seen anyone mention a weight harness. I have a DUI harness for diving dry. It’s a lot more comfortable than a belt and sets the weight much farther down my body than a belt.

Rock boots if your suit has socks, negative fins. My wetsuit fins simply won’t fit over rock boots. I haven’t seen anyone mention a weight harness. I have a DUI harness for diving dry. It’s a lot more comfortable than a belt and sets the weight much farther down my body than a belt.

OP primarily dives sidemount. You don’t use a weight belt/harness SM.

Go with the wool, wool is the only fabric that wicks and maintains its thermal insulation properties when wet.

I'll be able to compare both. :D

After slogging through 8 pages of pee valve discussion, I couldn’t remember what the OP said...

Pee valves are weird and awesome at the same time. :p

But Marie is right, between my two steel tanks, and my rather thin under garments should mean little lead should be required. *knocks on wood*

Just spent two weeks diving Ginnie.

Went through two SciTech wrist seals (primarily because I swap them out with dry gloves often. I don't think they are made to be taken off and on repeatedly.). Had to disassemble and clean my exhaust valve twice. Had to clean sediment out of the "end seal" of my zipper a couple times.

The J2s are great. didn't stink at all after two weeks of diving. All of my wool base layers have holes in the knees/elbows while all my synthetics have held up much longer. I have some Patagonia synthetic base layers that are nearly 20 years old.

I recommend these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B0OHRI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. After the dive, I leave the cath on the the suit and use it with a bottle to flush water through the valve, or take it back to the hotel and put it over the tub faucet (cold water only). Whatever you do, the sooner the better. Don't leave it to spoil on you. I have had the duckbill valve fail/clog a couple times and get leaky. Learn how to disassemble and clean it up and keep spares in your save a dive kit. Another tip, if you think you will be getting sweaty before the dive, put the cath on before that happens.

The J2s are great. didn't stink at all after two weeks of diving. All of my wool base layers have holes in the knees/elbows while all my synthetics have held up much longer. I have some Patagonia synthetic base layers that are nearly 20 years old.

I'm looking at it, the J2 isn't that much more expensive than quality wool stuff, like the Smartwool 250gram top is $100 vs the J2 at $132. So right now price wise it seems like a wash, unless I can find wool on sale. And the increase in price might be worth it if that silver actually works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom