Drysuit Diving What do you need...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They’re only red on the surface; black underwater.

More brown to my eyes, but in the cave environment since we depend on lights, the colors typically come across pretty well. My wing is bright red in most of the videos I've seen of me.

I was going to do with red again, but so many people have red drysuits. But that is one way to ensure that no one takes your drysuit.

No one is going to be taking mine either. I stand out in and out of the water. A couple of the PSDs in my ice diving class last weekend complimented me on a suit that stands out. Theirs were red.

D98BAC23-6463-47AA-9A31-7D7FB5E82A8C.jpeg

I found my old Smartwool baselayer set, according to Google they are 250 gram.

Go with the wool, wool is the only fabric that wicks and maintains its thermal insulation properties when wet.

No one is going to be taking mine either. I stand out in and out of the water. A couple of the PSDs in my ice diving class last weekend complimented me on a suit that stands out. Theirs were red.

And white fins, colour coded to the ice, nice :)

(Diving under ice does look interesting, must be very cave-like rules. How do you get out -- the breaching seal method? Genuine question!)

And white fins, colour coded to the ice, nice :)

(Diving under ice does look interesting, must be very cave-like rules. How do you get out -- the breaching seal method? Genuine question!)

You back up to the edge and you’re pulled out.

It's alright for you Mr Big Bladder. Alas, I am Mr Slack Bladder. I never dive without plumbing in and delight at being able to properly hydrate prior to a dive and very happily pee for England. Gives me something to look forwards to on hours of deco!

Struth, when I first bought my first ever drysuit and tried it on, something in my bladder screamed I NEED TO GO, NOW -- literally having just put the suit on. Psyco logical I know, but in many hundreds of dives, I rarely never use it.

Hmm, need to plumb in some tubing in the car for long journeys; just dump it overboard as it were. Must be great at rock festivals too: have a massive keg of beer in a rucksack with a "hydration tube", and a tube running from a catheter down the outside of one's Wellington boots.
This is why the UK lost its empire.

Back
Top Bottom