Drysuit Diving What do you need...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Well my drysuit should be coming in the next month, and I am gathering together all the rest of the stuff I need.
have a pile of undergarments, I ordered the condom cath trail pack with the gauge. What else do I need?"

Well, I suggest you get a pair of fins :D

On a second thought... What kind of neck/wrist seals do you use? If latex, then buy some talcum powder. Also get some lubricant for the zipper.

Reason for wool.....

I had a neck seal leak today in 41 F water with air temp at 36 F. And I didn't get hypothermia.

I just got the solid color OD green.

I'll forgive you for green smiley face

20210205_165128.jpg

The SmartWool 250 gram is what I have. Nice and soft. I don’t know if the 150 gram would be better for your needs. I order from REI. Wait for the sales. I think they have a 30% off one in April or May.

Well I did some digging underneath my bed and found my cold weather gear from when I lived in way up north in Dallas. And I found my old Smartwool baselayer set, according to Google they are 250 gram.

Though I am not sure how to compare between wool and the thinsulation. As my Fourth Element Xerotherm set is also labeled as 250 gram, but this feels about the same thickness as the J2 baselayer.

I was going to do with red again, but so many people have red drysuits. But that is one way to ensure that no one takes your drysuit.
They’re only red on the surface; black underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom