Drysuit Diving What do you need...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Well my drysuit should be coming in the next month, and I am gathering together all the rest of the stuff I need.

I have a pile of undergarments, I ordered the condom cath trail pack with the gauge. What else do I need?

A decent sized hanger. I use a "HangAir" which has a fan built into it. Hang it up and run it for an hour or so to dry the inside of the suit out.

Make sure you wax the zips if metal, or clean them if plastic. Wax every few dives or if it gets a bit tight.

Buy a mat to stand on whilst changing.

Make sure the suit's folded with the zip outwards. They hate kinks.

Never force a zip! It's stuck for a reason, pulling it may break it.

If you've removable silicone/latex wrist and neck seals, get some spare ones.

If you've got Kubi gloves, get several pairs of spare gloves. G17K is the normal one.

When diving, make sure the zip's done up, especially if it's plastic!

The HangAir is fab. Use it for my drysuit regular hanger.

Think of what you’ll be using to lube your seals to get into suit. Plain old talc works for me. Zipper lube will probably come with suit.

If your suit doesn’t come with a bag, or even if it does, the big blue IKEA shopping bags are great suit bags. You don’t have to smush suit small like you do to get it into some of the mfg supplied bags.

Remove adhesive remover to help get the condom cath off. I use it with my She-P. The wipes are handier than the liquid.

I ordered the condom cath trail pack with the gauge. What else do I need?
If you only dive no-stop, there's a fair chance that you won't need the condom caths. I've dived dry since '12 (single tank) and have never considered starting to glue a condom to my junk. Don't even have a P-valve on my suit.

It may seem obvious, but don't forget an appropriate length drysuit inflator hose if one does not come with your suit.

@Manatee Diver

Since you dive SM, I’d bet probably 12” for your suit inflator hose, but it depends on your hose routing. Mine is 12”.

"Mine is 12"

Yup. That makes perfect sense. I've always thought Marie was the biggest in the room. Its all that lake and quarry diving. Hardcore.

Merino wool or under armor cold gear base layer (user preference) and merino wool socks.

Plus all listed above.

• Depending on the drysuit boot/sock you may need a second set of fins a size or two larger for the larger foot pocket.
  • Depending upon your current fin's buoyancy, you may find a more negative fin helpful to counter the air in your legs.
  • Also, a dive buddy to help zip up and unzip depending upon zip style.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom