Drysuit condom catheter sizing help & questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you size it up for the natural, waiting to rise to glory state, and hope you don't swim up behind a particularly sexy dolphin and end up strangling your junior diver...or do you size it up while perusing the 2015 Hooter's calendar and risk it being improperly sized when you have your George Costanza moment (I was in the pool!!!)...or somewhere in between?

Next, do you put it on at home, and then connect it when you suit up? I ask because I am 3+ hours from the coast, and I'm not sure I can contemplate a long drive with a latex suit on my little buddy.

Size it for a flacid state unless you expect to get an erection during a dive.

Put it on in the morning at home, connected to the quick disconnect--hopefully you ordered one of these with your p-valve. Hook it up when you suit up, unhook when you take the suit off after diving. Take a warm bath/shower that evening to get it off.

You are seriously worried about getting a hard on while diving???? What are you?.....12?

You obviously have never been diving in NC. We've got some dead sexy sea life!!

:redhot:

If you call thing with 3 teeth dead sexy..hey whatever floats your boat. OBTW, I constantly dive NC.

I agree size it for a second skin effect while flaccid and don't flatter yourself. It can stretch more than you can.

I like to put it on after bathing, before skin oils accumulate but there's some latitude on that. What you must avoid is needing to put it on when you are sweaty, like after handling a lot of gear on a hot day. After a few dives and so forth enough oils will accumulate to let it roll off easily.

When you are trying the samples DO NOT PLAN TO PUT THEM ON AND IMMEDIATELY REMOVE, let those body oils work their magic.

Pete

I haven't read very much of this thread but hte sample I did seems very much like the "Scupper or not" debate for free-diving / spearo open cell wetsuits (even the 12 yr old humour :wink: ).

Personally I go with a scupper as I am often in the water for around 3 hrs at a time and then when between dives I will often stay in my suit. The scupper helps me
1.) stay warmer (not much water enters a properly fitted open cell wetsuit and urine cools down quickly).
2.) helps me avoid smelling like a goat at the end of a day diving
3.) stops the carpet in the boat getting tainted when I climb back aboard

Thanks for the perspective, guys. Apparently, it's worth it for some people even if I don't see it as worth the hassle for me.

I had no intention to thread****, I was genuinely curious.

If you call thing with 3 teeth dead sexy..hey whatever floats your boat. OBTW, I constantly dive NC.

Lighten up....I was joking.

I agree size it for a second skin effect while flaccid and don't flatter yourself. It can stretch more than you can.
Pete

So do you size it snug even though it has a ton of glue on it (the widebands anyway) or size it so it's a little more comfortable yet the glue still holds it to the skin (eliminating any potential leaks down the sides)? After trying numerous configurations, it seems to me that it's better to go a little bigger for comfort given that there is enough glue to hold it on rather than smaller to eliminate the potential for fluid backing up past the glue.

So do you size it snug even though it has a ton of glue on it (the widebands anyway) or size it so it's a little more comfortable yet the glue still holds it to the skin (eliminating any potential leaks down the sides)? After trying numerous configurations, it seems to me that it's better to go a little bigger for comfort given that there is enough glue to hold it on rather than smaller to eliminate the potential for fluid backing up past the glue.
Depends on the water temps... no joking, I use a larger size for Florida caves and a smaller size for the Midwest

Sent via

Depends on the water temps... no joking, I use a larger size for Florida caves and a smaller size for the Midwest

Sent via

??? I use the same in my tropical drysuit and during ice diving.

??? I use the same in my tropical drysuit and during ice diving.
We are all a bit different... I had far too many come off after a few hours in 30 something degree f water (widebands too). Other than getting them on, no issues since going down a size. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom