Drysuit certification really needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still learned new things at the drysuit class. In retrospect diving without the class was stupid and had I not been with a instructor it would have been very stupid.

What are these things? They seem important enough to discuss and I am curious to see whether my suggested approach has a chance of covering these off.

Better venting control on ascent, new ways to deal with excessive air in the feet, how to move the air bubble for better trim and more comfort.

Better venting control on ascent, new ways to deal with excessive air in the feet, how to move the air bubble for better trim and more comfort.
Agreed - for me it is about learning to dive the drysuit as opposed to learning how to dive WITH a drysuit. There are a number of factors, as you say, where the drysuit needs more active control than a BCD/wetsuit combo such as venting (slower with a drysuit), trim (WRT floaty feet), positioning for proper venting, amount of air in the suit and how that affects comfort etc.

Back
Top Bottom