Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvel- SKinned your big toe, tore the nail off another one and broke it! #$%%#&&@@ !! I am wondering if you used some of my well known vocabulary words there?

I am sad to hear of your crippling injury... I'd light a candle er something.. but.... How about this I'll throw some sand into the sea and wish you a speedy recovery.

It must be tough to be the platinum blonde chick and have men bumbling over themselves to open doors for you. The guy got so nervous and flabberghasted he pulled the door right over your dainty feet. SO, did he get you flowers at least?

Man the peeps are dropping like flies at a Raid convention now. I have been reading these post and was sad since I was not going to make it and now.. everyone is bailing.

Wonder if 'Lee' makes a press on toe nail for those who got them ripped off on the under side of a swing door.... that just sounds painful typing it.. **oowiieee*

Speedy Recovery...

I've been watching the Navy Forecast for the Dry Tortugas and have been a little concerned about the weather for this trip. Currently, it looks like we'll have a bumpy ride out with a cold front pushing through on Thursday, but it looks like the waves are supposed to subside by Friday. (I can only get a forecast out to Friday right now) I'll be keeping an eye on things. Pack the Dramaine just in case!

A bumpy ride down is not a problem, morelike captain Rick's call.

Bring some rope/bungee, tie your left arm and right leg to the corners of the cot
so those big rollers don't bounce you out of bed. :D

I got a email today from Sherry, looks like they booked my spot, and she will be refunding me my deposit.

I'm glad somone was able to fill my spot , so theres not a empty seat, when somone could have went.

I'm feeling better, turned out not to be ammonia, I had it last year, it kicked my but for 3 weeks.

I'm going back to the doc's Tuesday for a follow up, and will be taking our trailer down to Bahia honda, Big Pine Key. A friend called end of last week, they had 3 trailers full of families going down, and one backed out, so I took his spot, in hopes of relaxing, and just hanging out.

There not divers, though they are bringing a 21' boat down to fish.

I'm leaving Wensday morning, and plan on diving Thursday in the afternoon, to try out the new camera set up, and once more on Friday afternoon, That will be it, as i dont want to over do it, I been sick as hell for the past week, and this is only if all the congestion even clears up.

Cool thing is we rented Harley scooters on Sat, and riding down to Key West, and hanging out all night, that will be really cool !!!

I rented a 2006 Soft tail, I can't wait!!

Hope you all have fun, next year i wil defenitaley make it, and plan on diving on the ulitamate Getaway possibley next summer, if anyone plans on going, please let me know.

Hope you feel better Marvel, and hope everyone has fun, and the weather is great for the trip :wink:

Orlando Eric:
Marvel- SKinned your big toe, tore the nail off another one and broke it! #$%%#&&@@ !! I am wondering if you used some of my well known vocabulary words there?

I am sad to hear of your crippling injury... I'd light a candle er something.. but.... How about this I'll throw some sand into the sea and wish you a speedy recovery.

It must be tough to be the platinum blonde chick and have men bumbling over themselves to open doors for you. The guy got so nervous and flabberghasted he pulled the door right over your dainty feet. SO, did he get you flowers at least?

Man the peeps are dropping like flies at a Raid convention now. I have been reading these post and was sad since I was not going to make it and now.. everyone is bailing.

Wonder if 'Lee' makes a press on toe nail for those who got them ripped off on the under side of a swing door.... that just sounds painful typing it.. **oowiieee*

Speedy Recovery...

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
No! nary a one! In fact, the guy who opened the door on me doesn't even know the extent of the damage that he did- or the ramifications. Now, does that make me a candidate for sainthood or what? :D (True is, I've not yet seen him since the accident. I plan on seeking him out today & REALLY laying on the guilt! )

Naw.... it's life. No big deal, really. I DO hope that my spot gets filled, though. $100 extra for Christmas would be nice!

We will miss you, Marvel. Heal fast.

I just checked the Navy site and Yee-Ha! Friday through Sunday looks GREAT!!!!!!

We're goin' divin' ! We're goin' divin' !

DiveGal01:
I just checked the Navy site and Yee-Ha! Friday through Sunday looks GREAT!!!!!!

lets hope so - its meant to blow tomorrow !

anyhow...i guess we have a mixture of sightseers, photographers and hunters....so will be doing some dives in the sanctuary and some outside....

for the hunters - are people all doing lobstering or anyone taking a gun ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom