Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvel:
Nope! Nor who grabbed the last opening. The website does not indicate any open spots- time to touch base with Sherry again... :wink:

You guys will have so much fun. The Tortugas are amazing. See if Capt. Rick will take you to the Bat Cave and Alice in Wonderland. Both are inside the preserve so you will have to put up the nets and guns for a few. I know that is tough to do, but worth it. I'm jealous.

Heads up for anyone who wants a last minute spot. I may have to bail out due to a boating accident - I broke a finger and have compound fractures in three places. I was hoping I would be well enough to make it to the trip but the Dr. is saying, no way. I have shamelessly begged but he is saying NO.

If anyone is interested, please let me or Sherrie know.

Miserably landlocked,

Volky:shakehead

Seawitch2:
Heads up for anyone who wants to wants a last minute spot. I may have to bail out due to a boating accident - I have compound fractures in three places. I was hoping I would be well enough to make it to the trip but the Dr. is saying, no way. I have shamelessly begged but he is saying NO.

Miserably landlocked,

Volky!!!! How could you??? :shakehead

At least you didn't get hurt too bad. You're still alive. :wink:

Were you diving at the time or were you trying to show someone how to do a Triple Lindy on a kneeboard and you hit the boat? :eyebrow:

We're gonna miss you're smiling face out there.

Terrible news!! Gotta agree with Packman, though... glad it's not more serious & we will definitely miss you...:(

PacketSniffer:
Volky!!!! How could you??? :shakehead

At least you didn't get hurt too bad. You're still alive. :wink:

Were you diving at the time or were you trying to show someone how to do a Triple Lindy on a kneeboard and you hit the boat? :eyebrow:

I think it may have been a combination of the two. Volky so sorry you can't make it.

Seawitch2:
Heads up for anyone who wants a last minute spot. I may have to bail out due to a boating accident - I broke a finger and have compound fractures in three places. I was hoping I would be well enough to make it to the trip but the Dr. is saying, no way. I have shamelessly begged but he is saying NO.

Miserably landlocked,

Hey Volky, sorry to hear you can't make it, but hope you feel and do better !!

I been boating all my life, I'm sorry to see somthing like that happen ;(

I got your PM, and called a buddy, and will check with Marvel, to see if there's still a waiting list. I know he really wanted to go, but couldn't get onto the boat.

Marvel do we have a full boat still, or a waiting list?

Also a current list of who's going?

I know I talked with David, and he also gave up his two spot's, which I'm sorry to hear.

I'll be trying out a new Olympus C-8080 set up, with new strobes, etc, so I plan on taking ALOT of pictures, and bringing the laptop to download and check them out, I can't wait, 2 weeks away!

PS, divegal 01, u better share some of that lobster :crafty:

Just FYI:

The boats web site states the following today:

One spot open-last minute cancellation.
Call today!

**Please be aware, everyone on the waiting list are couples, if you would like one spot only, please call, you have first option.

I was wondering why I never heard anything with the previous cancellations. I knew we were at the top of the list. I never thought to look there.

Even if a second opened, it would be to late for us now. I know you'll have a good time and want to do it again.

'Till next time :) Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuck

I'm looking foward to going on this trip.I got my comfirmation papers today have been on Standyby with deposit sent in for a while. I had almost booked a trip to the Sea of Cortez, for Thanksgiving, and got loaded down with work Monday and did not book the other trip. This one works better with work. Looking foward to meeting everyone.

Sonny beaches:
I'm looking foward to going on this trip.I got my comfirmation papers today have been on Standyby with deposit sent in for a while. I had almost booked a trip to the Sea of Cortez, for Thanksgiving, and got loaded down with work Monday and did not book the other trip. This one works better with work. Looking foward to meeting everyone.

Congrates!!!!

Looking foward to diving with you as well, and the others !!

Gald you could make it !!

I saw somewhere, but I dont want to go back and read 30 pages :)

Is there a list of whats needed to bring on this trip?

Any recommadations from others that have been on this trip, this time of the year ?

How about personal tanks? Bring em, or leave em home?

Anything a first timer should know ?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom