Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So who snagged the last spot?

A newly minted rookie will be joining the hunting ranks on this trip. I caught my very first bug ever, with HANDS, on my trip to Catalina Island this last weekend! :eyebrow: (Applause) Them little buggers are FAST but how in the world do they see going backwards? LOL It took me three attempts but the third was successful. :D

I've already got my own kit together: Lobster Inn, FL gauge, and my secret tickle stick as well as gloves. I'm ready to go!

Don't forget the net and/or snare.
Personally I carry both.
Snares work in holes, nets work once they're out in the open.

Big secret to finding bugs in Tortugas ... look under coral heads.
Ledges are there, but regardless of where they put you for a dive site
don't pass by a coral head without looking underneath.

Hey PacketSniffer! I can tell, you are hooked!!!!! We'll have to start a pool for the biggest bug. $10 maybe?

SFLDiver, I always bring a net and snare, too. You just never know where those buggers are going to be hiding!

LindaBluedolphin, I LOVE the countdown clock! :)

DiveGal01:
Hey PacketSniffer! I can tell, you are hooked!!!!! We'll have to start a pool for the biggest bug. $10 maybe?

You're on!

Only 22 more days!!!!!

Did we ever figure out who the 4 mystery divers are?

I am so psyched about this trip! My first time to the Dry Tortugas. These next 3 weeks are NOT going to go by fast enough.

DiveGal01:
I am so psyched about this trip! My first time to the Dry Tortugas. These next 3 weeks are NOT going to go by fast enough.

TELL me about it! I soooooooo need this! :fruit:

LindaBluedolphin:
Only 22 more days!!!!!

Did we ever figure out who the 4 mystery divers are?

Nope! Nor who grabbed the last opening. The website does not indicate any open spots- time to touch base with Sherry again... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom