Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w:
I believe the Getaway is either "sightseeing" trip (Inside the park) or a spearfishing trip (outside the park).

True, although if you are on a spearfishing trip, no one will force you to shoot fish.

Walter:
True, although if you are on a spearfishing trip, no one will force you to shoot fish.

That would be kind of an intersting scene...someone trying to force someone else to shoot a snapper...almost staright out of THE DEER HUNTER.

It is entirely possible to go into the park (sanctuary) areas while on a hunting/bugging trip. The boat -does- have to take all snares, nets, spearguns, etc. and stow them below deck to be legal.

The fun part is getting yer land legs back after being on a boat for a day or two. :p

K, nobody move or the hogfish gets it!!

matts1w:
That would be kind of an intersting scene...someone trying to force someone else to shoot a snapper...almost staright out of THE DEER HUNTER.

What a horrible movie!

ok, there's a glimmer of hope i might be able to make this trip

so far, who has put down their deposit?

stu_in_fl:
typo on the dates in the first post - I'm assuming it should say Thurs 11/23 to Sun 11/26

..sounds like it could be fun - I was trying to get on one of the photo trips in June - but both are sold out, so I could be up for this one...

....Marvel - are you coordinating the bookings etc. or people deal directly with Ultimate Getaway and just state they are with your group ?

Typo fixed, Stu- thanks!

Evdryone will book their own trip & pay the boat directly- just be sure to book under the David Benoit trip when you call. The deal is with 10 spots filled one becomes free so the price of it will just be split & deducted from the normal trip cost. So, we'll need to know who's coming just for the purpose of making sure that we don't overpay when the magic number is reached!

H2Andy:
ok, there's a glimmer of hope i might be able to make this trip

so far, who has put down their deposit?

Well, as far as I know, only 3 of us- Marco (FLTEKDIVER), David, & myself are officially signed up. I really need some OC divers to sign up or I won't have a buddy....& maybe a few women too???? :11doh:

how bad are the seas in the area in November?

November seas can be beautiful or horrible. They can change from one trip to the next. I made one trip where I made a total of 4 dives. We didn't stop at the Baja on the way home because no one wanted to dive in 8 ft seas. The trip immediately before ours was beautiful.

The good thing is Rick checks the weather and if it looks like it'll be a rough trip, he'll tell you while you're at the dock. If you decide not to go, he'll give you a full refund on the spot. Rick's an excellent captain and runs a super operation.

that's very good to know, thank you

i get seasick easy, so... always a consideration

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom