Dry Suits: Pee Valve

How do you deal with going in a dry suit? (When you have to go)

• Pee Valve

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • Diapers

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm a girl, so diapers

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon M.

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a dry suit and wondering how reliable those pee valves are? It seems that the condom cathaders would leak fairly easy or come off. I've read some use diapers as back-up, but if they need that why screw with the pee valve? The diaper option seems like a much more reliable option. But many swear by the valves. Please spread some more light on this.

I don't use a Pee valve at this time, however, if you click on the search link and type Pee valve, you will get a list of several posts that my be helpful to you.........................Arduous

Jon M. once bubbled...
It seems that the condom cathaders would leak fairly easy or come off.

It's all in the sizing of the cath. If you get the right size it'll be pretty secure, if you over-estimate.................

Tom

The answer is always Zip Ties... unless you are in to duct tape.

~~~~~~~

Just kidding... the condom caths are designed for continuous use by incontinent patients... or sports fans with a bleacher buddy.

Applied right they won't come off accidently... too often.

You can dump a small lake into one of those Depends "undergarments"(adult diaper) and not feel any dampness.

I am surprised that the condom catheter is so widely used, especialy by the DIR crowd. The dry suit condom catheter is an unecessarily complicated device that is no better than a diaper. It's only benefit is to preseve one's ego...... and perhaps to fondle onself prior to the dive.

Lol, thanks Buff I like the last coment :). I was thinking the same exact thing that it is just another one of those failure points they try so hard to get rid of kinda condraticory don't you think?

~Jon

BTW ~ Pug I am beginning to thing you have a zip tie fetish every time I see it wriitten on the board it is one of your post. :). Not that i think they are a bad thing.

I am surprised that the condom catheter is so widely used, especialy by the DIR crowd. The dry suit condom catheter is an unecessarily complicated device that is no better than a diaper. It's only benefit is to preseve one's ego...... and perhaps to fondle onself prior to the dive.

Lol, thanks Buff I like the last coment . I was thinking the same exact thing that it is just another one of those failure points they try so hard to get rid of kinda condraticory don't you think?

Why don't you guys go out and do a 9 hour cave penetration with a 10-15 hour deco and then come back and tell us how the diaper worked out. Different strokes for different folks if you ask me...not that I do dives like that, but I would guess the diaper would be easy for non-deco or short deco dives but the valve seems like a better option if you have to take like 8 leaks without changing out of your suit.

I just ordered a dry suit and am probably going the p-valve route once my suit gets here (too expensive to get factory installed).

O ring-

Why don't you try a Depends on for 24 hours and see just how much urine they can hold. They can easily hold "8 leaks".

Why don't you try a Depends on for 24 hours and see just how much urine they can hold. They can easily hold "8 leaks".

I had no idea they were that absorbent. Still, the gross factor is pretty high...sitting around in urine...

Aren't the depends more than 1$ each? I think the condoms run about a buck or a buck and a quarter each...what do Depends cost per diaper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom