Dry Suits: Pee Valve

How do you deal with going in a dry suit? (When you have to go)

• Pee Valve

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • Diapers

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm a girl, so diapers

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Real men just insert a Foley catheter right up to the bladder. Sure it stings a little at first but it has an almost "0" failure rate-this must be attractive to the D.I.R. group.

Oh, yeah, they are gross. Especially after a number of leaks in them. They do get stinky but they are incredibly absorbant.

The other benefit to a diaper is that you can do a number 2 in it also. In that way you have maximized your $1.00 investment. Try that with a condom catheter!!!!

As a nurse I have had a great deal of contact with condom catheters and I would much rather have a patient wear a diaper. The catheters are always falling off-or getting pulled off just by the patient moving around a little. I wouldn't see how they are practical in a dive setting. How would you put it back on??

Oh, yeah, they are gross. Especially after a number of leaks in them. They do get stinky but they are incredibly absorbant.

Then I don't want one...I'm a wuss about that stuff and would probably puke in my drysuit on top of the soiled undergarment.

The other benefit to a diaper is that you can do a number 2 in it also. In that way you have maximized your $1.00 investment. Try that with a condom catheter!!!!

Now this is just plain disgusting...are you sure you took your medicine this morning? :wink:

As a nurse I have had a great deal of contact with condom catheters and I would much rather have a patient wear a diaper. The catheters are always falling off-or getting pulled off just by the patient moving around a little. I wouldn't see how they are practical in a dive setting. How would you put it back on??

That explains it..my ex g/f is a nurse (L&D and then ER). Amazing how high nurses' tolerance for the gross is....I can't even watch those surgeries on Discovery without getting grossed out.

this must be attractive to the D.I.R. group

No, but strokes pissing all over themselves is pretty damn funny to the DIR group..

Whose catheder is falling off???

I dunno what kind you guys use, but mine have sticky tack type glue on the inside. One of our guys up here used one with a kink in his pvalve hose. the cath didn't come off or leak at all, the pressure blew the hose connection off...

they go on come off just as easy as other items of this style too, don't let the 'glue' thing scare you...

Tried a Depends on during a dive?????

I'm wearing one now. I find my time maximized as I minimize my bathroom time. I feel more confident, bouyed by the knowledge that I am no longer "restroom dependent" unlike the rest of the "normal" population.

Pug-

I have a front entry-back "dumping" dry suit. I make a "beep, beep, beep" sound when I back up.

I guess if I had to make a choice I would rather use a pee valve than go through the degradation of wearing an adult diaper. I suppose just sticking your hand in warm water and then go to the bathroom before you don your suit isn't an option. Although I think anyone who wanted to dive a site bad enough that he or she would want to wear an adult diaper to accomodate said dive is just weird and should get there head examined. I mean what do you tell the fellow divers on the charter: I'm going below to don my diaper and undergarments.
Just my .02$
Neil

than go through the degradation of wearing an adult diaper

I figure that I will spend years in these things eventually and I don't want to start now! Then again, if we all started now we would have it down to a science by the time we all get put into homes...

If I ever get to the point where I have to use a pair of depends. I give permission for a bullet to be put in my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom