Dry Suit, what fins are you using

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aHeavyD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've bought a dry suit and they have the boots in them. I'm going to have to buy a new set of large or x-large fins for the dry suite now since my regular size one barly fit. I just wondering what you all are using and looking for your experience with Dry Suites and Fins. At the moment I'm diving a few quarries with the dry suit but bought the suit for doing some diving in the MD up to NY atlantic area.

I did a seach and couldn't fin anything realated to this subject.

aHeavyD:
I've bought a dry suit and they have the boots in them. I'm going to have to buy a new set of large or x-large fins for the dry suite now since my regular size one barly fit. I just wondering what you all are using and looking for your experience with Dry Suites and Fins. At the moment I'm diving a few quarries with the dry suit but bought the suit for doing some diving in the MD up to NY atlantic area.

I did a seach and couldn't fin anything realated to this subject.

Welcome to the board.

Turtles have huge foot pockets, as do the XXL Jets. If you're looking for plastic split fins, I can offer no assistance.

If you're looking for real fins, those two will fit with any boots up to about size 12-ish.

---
Ken

I use OMS fins specially made for dry suit. give them a shot i like them a lot.

I thought this very same question, for most of my diving career I have used SP jet fin. When sp split came out I had to have a pair and so I bought a pair which I made sure would accommodate boots. Shortly after, I bought my dry and my trusty sp jet would not fit the boots. Long story short I liked the split fin however when I go diving still prefer my 20 year old jet fin. First it is really up to you what you like to dive. Second you must take into account what type of diving you are doing. When I am teaching a class or diving with possible heavy currents no doubt I always want my Jets, but when I am just cursing around with my wife and kids I grab the split.

Here, check out kidspot's comparison chart. It's pretty much right on the money:

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/#fincomparison

For what it's worth, I have a Bare XCD2 Tech with XXL Trek Boots. The XL Jets were too small so I went with Turtles. My brother has the same suit with the XXL vulcanized rubber boot and the XL jets fit fine.

Have a TLS 350 w/ Size 10 Rock Boots. Am using the ScubaPro Jet Fins in size XXL. They fit well.

Turtles here! Gotta love kidspots web page. Saved me a bunch of time.

Harvey's 7mm neoprene suit with vulcanized boots, shoe size 10 and I use Mares quattros with a good fit. (Mares size "regular")

Back
Top Bottom