Dry gloves + "zip seals" on one cuff ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gravitron

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I currently have a drysuit with fixed latex seals. I have installed a SiTech Quick Clamp on the seal and can thus hook up the Quick Gloves. It generally works OK except for water seepage every few dives (you realize this at the surface, remove and replace glove before submerging and all is OK) and a fear of weakening the seals.

The advantages are that my hands are warm and dry, my hands are free until I'm ready to dive (very useful teaching Open Water classes) and a glove puncture will not flood my suit since there's a wrist seal.

Given all the good points above, I'm wondering if there's a system that would allow me to do all of the following:

- Cuff-ring on suit
- "Zip"-type wrist seal that can be changed on-the-spot
- Gloves that connect into the cuffring
- No need for pressure-mounted rings on the wrist seal

I thought the Diving Concepts system might allow this but a dive shop that stocks them told me it doesn't.

Anything else out there that might do the trick?

Thanks,

Phil

Mo2vation has DC rings installed into his zip seals. He can swap rings and plain seals on a whim just by swapping the seals+ring for plain seals. Very easy to do... and I think he has posted pictures and how-to's (not that there is any magic to it) if you search for it.

I currently have the DC rings mounted in my plain seals, and like it a lot. At some point, when it comes time to change seals anyway, I'll have my suit retro-fitted to zip seals and install the rings in there instead... perfect system, IMO.

DC rings on Zips is a no-brainer. And it offers the advantages of being able to gear up bare-handed (as opposed to Zip gloves.) Snap and they're on, snap and they're off.

Hundreds of dives, never a leak. I love them.

If you do a search, you'll see pics I've posted on the subject. Lots of us are doing this.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom