Dry gloves for Catalyst

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just got a Catalyst dry suit in Nov. & love it!:14: I am tinkering around with the idea of getting some dry gloves. The people I dive with have suggested I get the rings style dry gloves. My question is, with the sleeve extension over the latex seals, is it possible to use a ring style dry gloves? :confused:

tstormwarning:
My question is, with the sleeve extension over the latex seals, is it possible to use a ring style dry gloves? :confused:
Yes. The sleeve will go under the ring (at least, using the SiTec ring system).

Yes, I use the Si Tech "quick clamp" gloves on my Catalyst. Fold the cuff back its out of the way. Love them. Inexpesive and the gloves can be replaced at your local fibreglass store for about $5 a pair.

Looks like everyone has beat me to it! Let me know if you have any problems with the install. Glad you are thinking making the switch, whenever I dive the prototypes here I always have to whine excessively about not having dry gloves!

You'll never go back!

It may be a while before I do it. Most likely when my original seals have to be replaced. Other than having cold hands & head I absolutely love the suit. I'm just looking at the options when that times comes. I really didn't think ring style seals/glove would work because of the sleeves. Thank you for enlightening me.:blinking:

You could potentially pick up a pair of removeable wrsit rings for now to keep you warm, and when you want to replace seals then you could get permanent rings, the you wouldn't need everything.
I think you'll wait for a while before having to replace your wrist seals. ;-D
Tyler

Tyler...

I have a White's Catalyst with the built-on drysuit rings and I have dry gloves but they have no rings... just need the rings for the drygloves. Not really clear what I need to order from the website.

Seems like the rings are smaller than the Viking or other rings I've had in the past.

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for the email.....essentially you are after "removable glove rings". Our part number is listed as MH SITGLV 60220.

Hope that helps!

Tyler

Thanks Tyler!

Yes all so very confusing... LOL

Back
Top Bottom