Dry Gloves and Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viking rings here as well... And I love them...

It does say on the Fusion site that it will not accept hard wrist rings, which I took to mean your permenant system, but I guess I am mistaken...
The Fusion can be used with all Whites neoprene gloves. For a dry glove system we recommend the Seal mounted glove system, as the Fusion will not accept hard wrist rings

Phil

Is there a difference between the Viking, Si Tech, Dive Right and Bare ring systems? they all look oddly similar!

I just got the Fusion and would very much like to go dry w/ the gloves.

Question #2 - if using the dry gloves and a bungeed VT3 wrist computer how does the ring affect donning the computer? Apologies but I haven't seen how the ring systems work and I'd think it would be pert near impossible to get the bungeed VT3 over the ring.

The Viking bayonet system is different from the others in two ways that I know of: One, it is simplicity itself to install, without any tools, and you can swap out a leaking glove in the parking lot in about the same amount of time (again without tools). Second, it is a positive lock system. Once you have the rings properly positioned and rotated, the glove CANNOT pop off. Unlike many of my dive buddies, I have never had a wet hand from anything but a leaking glove. And you can mount a variety of gloves on the Viking rings, although most of the people I know use either the blue or orange Atlas gloves. But Peter uses a thin neoprene glove, and dsteding uses a thick neoprene dryglove. You have a lot of choices.

Getting bungied gauges over the wrist rings can be a bit of a PITA if you use the thick bungie. I use thinner stuff, and it's not a problem.

OK, this may be a total noob question as well but assuming I get the Si Tech / Dive Rite / Viking type locking system would I just leave the docking ring part on the drysuit all the time and leave the glove attached to the connector ring as well? Seems at that point it would be as easy to don / doff as a wetsuit glove. Yes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom