Dry Gloves and Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grf88

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Are the only type of drygloves that can be used with the Fusion the gloves with the glued on wrist seals. If so is there any future plan to allow the use of something like a ring system. I am very interested in a Fusion but think that the limitation on dryglove systems would be a deal breaker.

I have Diving Concept rings style gloves on mine. The guy that installed them for me, said they were a bit tougher to install than some other suits, but they work fine and have been 100% dry.

I used the Sitech ring system on mine for about a 100 dives, worked fine. Now I've moved on to the gloves with the glued wrist seals, I just like them more. But any ring system that attaches to the wrist seal should work with the Fusion.

//LN

I have the Viking Bayonet rings on our two Fusions -- no problems whatsoever. Easy on, easy off (both the rings AND the gloves!).

I used the Sitech ring system on mine for about a 100 dives, worked fine. Now I've moved on to the gloves with the glued wrist seals, I just like them more. But any ring system that attaches to the wrist seal should work with the Fusion.

//LN

Thanks, I had assumed they would fit until I looked at the Whites Website which states they do not accept hard rings. Still a little confused but glad to hear they will work.

Thanks, I had assumed they would fit until I looked at the Whites Website which states they do not accept hard rings. Still a little confused but glad to hear they will work.
I haven't seen that on the site, but I also use the SiTech rings with no issues. The way the neoprene sleeve slips over the cuff rings, people always think they are factory built in, until I pull back the sleeve and show them.

I haven't seen that on the site.
I found it on the Fusion Accessories page. Until then I had just assumed they would work and am happy to hear that they do.
Thanks.

Actually, the Fusion is an ideal suit for the Viking bayonet rings, because it has the heavy-duty wrist seals. The only complaint I have about those rings (which I otherwise absolutely love) is that they are hard on the seals they're mounted on, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the seals on the Fusion.

I think White's is trying to say that the hard rings that mount directly to the suit material (permanent install) don't work with the Fusion. I can imagine that, because you'd have to move the skin to put them on, and a lot of adhesives don't work on the urethane bag.

Good day all - I just wanted to clarify that our permanent wrist ring system can be used on the Fusion, as well as the removable system. I have not used the permanent system, but the removable system has worked very well for me.

If you find any indication on the Fusion site that suggests otherwise, I would love to hear from you!

Until the next dive,
Tyler

Good day all - I just wanted to clarify that our permanent wrist ring system can be used on the Fusion, as well as the removable system. I have not used the permanent system, but the removable system has worked very well for me.

If you find any indication on the Fusion site that suggests otherwise, I would love to hear from you!

Until the next dive,
Tyler
e-mail sent. It is probably that I am misinterpreting the wording but I am sure that others could do the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom