Question Drop off dive at Cocoview Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, I think you said it was DIN at some point (or I assumed that). I don't keep my DIN dust caps on my regs either (entanglement hazard, plus I don't want them to get wet and trap moisture/salt in the reg).
Ditto. This will be my first DIN rodeo. As such I'm trying to re-train my not-as-young-brain, which probably explains my angst over this, so thanks.

The distance between the boat and the dive lockers is about 20 paces. So whether you leave the cap in you bag on the boat (it will be there when you get back) or in your dive locker, it will be equally easy to grab it before you remove the reg from your tank.

This, plus perhaps I didn't mention it but my reg is DIN, so I don't want to attach the dust cap (via string or whatever) to the first stage while diving. Makes for more work drying the cap after diving.
I guess you don't dive in warm tropical locations because under those conditions the dust caps are dry long before the regulators get packed up.

Back
Top Bottom