Question Drop off dive at Cocoview Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks and sweet! Will i be able to grab my dry bag before rinsing and stowing my gear? I have a DIN 1st stage and the dust cap which will be in my dry bag needs to be on it prior to  rinsing.

Yes. You have access to your stuff on the boat whenever you need. This is the most diver friendly resort in the universe. Relax and enjoy.

Just remember to bring DEET or a Picaridin based repellent with you. The bugs are ferocious.

Yes. You have access to your stuff on the boat whenever you need. This is the most diver friendly resort in the universe. Relax and enjoy.

Just remember to bring DEET or a Picaridin based repellent with you. The bugs are ferocious.
ESPECIALLY out on the little island on the west end of CCV that they use for the party.

Yep, you can do all that in any order, it’s all in the same spot.
Can add "hit the head" to your list. "Take a shower". "Watch the sand crabs"

I am older than you and have no problem with the exit. It is probably the best marked most gradual exit I have seen in 40 years of diving. The hardest part is the short walk from the exit to the dive shack. Even then, you can leave your tank at the exit point and come back and get it if you want. I have been twice in the last three years.

Thanks and sweet! Will i be able to grab my dry bag before rinsing and stowing my gear? I have a DIN 1st stage and the dust cap which will be in my dry bag needs to be on it prior to  rinsing.

@Rilelen has posted a couple pics showing the relationship of the gear buildings to the boats/dock. You'll have a locker assigned to you in the building where all your gear is staged/stowed during your stay.

Maybe this will work for you -

Take your BCD onto the boat, take the dust cap off, hook up regulator to your tank, put dust cap in your locker.

Dive, surface interval, dive.

Walk from shore in front of main building back to gear locker. Take BCD/tank off and set down on ground in front of your locker. Get dust cap from your locker, disconnect regulator, blow the water off and put the dust cap on. Remove bcd from tank, go dump equipment in rinse tank. Rinse self off, put gear in locker and go log your dives...

This is probably overthinking it. Every time that I swam in, the boat was there, and the bag that I keep my sunglasses, phone and miscellaneous crap in was easily available - all I had to do was walk through the gear building, onto the boat and grab it.

I assume, because the regulator will be on his tank that he is diving...
This, plus perhaps I didn't mention it but my reg is DIN, so I don't want to attach the dust cap (via string or whatever) to the first stage while diving. Makes for more work drying the cap after diving.

Back
Top Bottom