DRIS Braided Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have DGX braided hoses and similar ones that came with my Dive Rite regulator set. They seem good to me over 50+ dives. Do I need to be worried or anything?

How about the combination of a more flexible hose and an under arm routing since I have the alternate/inflator setup? Anybody care to share their experience with switching to an under arm setup? This would be for recreational diving single tank so primarily for comfort of turning my head, some extra length for sharing air if needed and streamlining.
I use that set up often I sort of mix it with the necklaced secondary, it’s better with a 70 or 90° at the reg and I prefer a 42 to 44” hose. Nothing will match the head movement afforded by a to long over the shoulder set up that most factory set ups use but this is more streamlined.

I have DGX braided hoses and similar ones that came with my Dive Rite regulator set. They seem good to me over 50+ dives. Do I need to be worried or anything?
The biggest worry is when we can dive again, the hoses I wouldn’t worry about.

How about the combination of a more flexible hose and an under arm routing since I have the alternate/inflator setup? Anybody care to share their experience with switching to an under arm setup? This would be for recreational diving single tank so primarily for comfort of turning my head, some extra length for sharing air if needed and streamlining.

I switched to a Miflex 48" hose, and route it under my arm. Really works well.

I don't have experience routing under arm but it seems like one could pick a shorter length like 40-44" that hangs freely or a longer length like 70-80" that would tuck in somewhere. My personal goal would be to have it long enough to route under the arm and allow ample head movement but not so long as to hang low enough to be in the way on that side when reaching into BCD pockets or pulling integrated weights or requiring tucking in. Hope that made sense. Do you guys think that 40-44" length range would be that sweet spot?

I don't have experience routing under arm but it seems like one could pick a shorter length like 40-44" that hangs freely or a longer length like 70-80" that would tuck in somewhere. My personal goal would be to have it long enough to route under the arm and allow ample head movement but not so long as to hang low enough to be in the way on that side when reaching into BCD pockets or pulling integrated weights or requiring tucking in. Hope that made sense. Do you guys think that 40-44" length range would be that sweet spot?
Most people like the 40”, I like a little longer for the drysuit, I run my tank higher than most do and my chest is a bit thick at 50”.

Recently went to a 42" flex hose under the arm for my second stage while rec diving. Added the 110° swivel for comfort and hose routes nicely. No issues with finding the dry suit inflate button. Easier to share my primary when compared with the short rubber hose that came with the regulator purchase.

This is how my normal rec set up is. I use a longer primary flex hose (I believe it's a 48", but I'm also broad shouldered/barrel chested) with a cave adventures swivel on the end. I much prefer it to going over the shoulder.

The only issue I have noticed is that a couple times, when I've put my flashlight back after using it (clipped to my right d-ring, with a bungee around the bottom), I have clipped the hose into it, which during an air share would limit movement a bit until pulled free.

As for 90° or 110° (that is also 70° measured from the other way), personal preference. I feel the 110/70° version fits a little better. Others the 90° is perfect.

I started under the arm with a Sherwood about 12 years ago. In those 12 years it has been getting more and more popular. The factory fitted swivel on that 12 year old Sherwood is about 70°

I've been using DRIS braided hoses for years. No problems at all. I use a 40" with an Omniswivel routed under my arm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom