• Yes

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • No, it will dehydrate you

Votes: 175 95.1%
  • Sure, if there is Pastis to put in!

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not only is salt water bad for you it can also make you go crazy. i watched a show on it and how your mind will play tricks on you and make you do stupid things, almost like being narked but not being in control or aware.

To get back to the creation/evolution thread your body's salt concentration is about the same as the sea's in the Devonian. A fair amount of salt has washed into the ocean since then and raised the salinety.

Seawater has a higher osmolarity than maximally concentrated human urine. Thus, for every liter of seawater consumed, the body has to either a) excrete more than a liter of body water to eliminate the consumed salt or b) retain the salt and become hypernatremic (leading to hallucination, arrhthymia and death. Thus, either die of dehydration or saltoverload, your choice--- your kidney's choice actually).

Animals that consume seawater to live can either concentrate their urine more than seawater or, in the case of marine birds and reptiles, excrete solid salt through nasal salt glands.

If this isn't a joke, please don't do it....This is taught in every Water Survival Course which any person working on the ocean should take.

shakeybrainsurgeon:
retain the salt and become hypernatremic (leading to hallucination, arrhthymia and death.

No more need to go any further with this...Above is your answer...That good ole sodium/potassium pump thing aye doc...Go ahead...Inject me with some hot salts when my sodium is normal:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom