drink after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedtim:
How long is a piece of string?

3.2 meters.

I have a camel pak and I wear it while I dive, and during the longer deco stops (more than 10 minutes) I'll fill it with beer and get a head start at 30 feet.

Anyone remember the "Scuda"???
Cocktails at depth!!!!

Firstly never underestimate the need to stay rehydrated.
Secondly nitrogen in your tissues is a great alcohol enhancer. That first drink after a multi dive day hits you like no other. This is one of the great things about diving. That superb hit.
Keep drinking and it is the same as if you hadn't dived. The big hit is in the first drink.
Do 20 metre dives for a good hit, do 30 metre dives for an even better hit.
Generally I get a lot of drinking water down before and after drinking. Then each time I get up in the night I swallow another litre or so.

The people who run chambers tell me that dehydration and bouncing keep them in business.

First off as said many times before rehydration is important so I always have some water while I take care of my gear. After that there's nothing wrong with a cocktail. However, I do have 2 rules concerning drinking. 1. Never drink before 5 pm. 2. It's always after 5 pm somewhere in the world. :rofl3:

Well, I usually edit right after my dive (often without benefit of a warm shower in between) since I'm curious to learn what I "saw" underwater. Drinking would greatly affect my editing... unless it is sake. I seem to be able to drink a bottle of that stuff with little impairment. Oh a glass of merlot or two rarely interferes significantly. Now ouzo is quite a different story.

If you keep yourself well hydrated, a glass or two shouldn't affect you too much... unless you have to drive home!

matt_unique:
There is no after bite with the Guiness Draft served in Ireland. There is an after bite with the draft shipped over here....

--Matt

While I realize there is a difference in taste, what you need to do is find a pub that really turns over their kegs. The faster the Guiness flows, the smoother with less bite it has.

Oh, and my air integrated dive computer DOES have a countdown to drinking. It's the display that registers remaining bottom time by either NDL or remaining air.

jhbryaniv:
Guinness is disgusting. . . someone get me a Bud lite. . .

There's only one thing WORSE than Bud lite...COORS LITE! (aka beer flavored water)

I love the guys I dive with...all beer snobs!

At the last three "events" at my LDS there was nothing less than good local Micro-brews in the coolers!

(as well as the one instructors killer chili!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom