drink after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see a new niche for dive computers.

No-Fly time as usual AND No-Drink time countdowns.

String:

I want one, no make it three, one for me, one for my baby and one for the road.:D

I must admit, there really is nothing better then a cold beer after you have been diving in 80 deg water all day long..... NOW I am thirsty... for some tropical water and a beer afterwards.

80 deg water?
Not familiar with that concept but its nice in a heated bar after 40 degree water and 35 degree air with wind.

Usually 60 mins after a dive as it takes that long to thaw enough to bend limbs.

Funny I was just thinking about this very thing, since I'm presently writing ...
"PADI Distinguished Specialty - Wednesday Night Diving" as a joke for my dive group and pre-requisite for new divers :rofl3:

Think it will get approved?

One of the chapters is:

McCleary's Public House
Open mic etiquette
Boddington's vs Guiness
WoodChuck it's not just for splittails
How to tell when you've had enough

My first Inst. told us about the "C" rule too.
Said if it was good enough for flying it should work for diving then he would get a beer.
He also told us to drink as much water as beer/cocktails, never saw him with any though.

Dehydration and drinking and undeserved hits.
I would watch so many crew members make beyond the relm dives (150+) on air while either currently drunk or still stinking from the night before and none of them ever took a hit, then one day a tourist nondrinker takes a light hit (left shoulder)on her third dive of the week 1st of the day doing a 60 ft for 45 min dive.
You never know.

Give me a good bottle of rum with a glass of coke anyday after a day of diving, oh and a glass of water too.

String:

The No-Drink time countdown wouldn't be particularly useful as it would always read ZERO when the computer was not currently in Dive mode.

I stand by my original statement - take care of your gear before you get wasted. How quickly you can do so is a personal skill that should be honed and perfected. Drunk people are more likely to forget their dustcap :no

undefined:
The No-Drink time countdown wouldn't be particularly useful as it would always read ZERO when the computer was not currently in Dive mode.

Cant see how Zero Time To Beer is ever really a problem :)

String:
Cant see how Zero Time To Beer is ever really a problem :)

Problem?? Who said problem?? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom