Drager oxy gauge sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaligament:
The supplied O2 sensor had gone bad (even though the seal had never been broken and it had been stored properly in its airtight container)-------

fOLKS,

Just a note to remember, O2 sensors are essentially fuel cells. Even if stored in a sealed container with inert gas, there will be some slow degradation of the electrolytic "paste". While there are some variations, the rated life from most maufacturers is about one year (mas o menos--as they say around these parts)!

Cheers!

caveseeker7:
Sounds like Dräger and Uwatec are a match made in heaven (or hell :wink: ).

Caveseeker, add Cochran to the list of unreliable SCR computers. I sent my malfunctioning Lifeguard back to Cochran--it wasn't receiving data from the O2 sensor, which had just been replaced. 4 weeks later, (and that means no SCR diving, because my backup, never-before-used oxyguage had puked as well) I finally get the Lifeguard back from Cochran, only to find that the computer still can't give me the correct ppO2 when testing it on a known (50% O2) supply gas.

Am I irritated? Slightly. So now I have a $2K pile of worthless SCR computers that have failed for no reason other than faulty design.

I am hoping that the HS Explorer ppO2 monitor is more reliable. I can't see dropping another $2K on the Uwatec oxy2 combo for the type of SCR diving I do, no repetitive dives within 12 hours, staying within the limits of MOD, etc. Most importantly, I have 30-plus dives (nearly all over 1 hour in duration) so I am very familiar with physiological responses to low ppO2 and other SCR hazards.

Of course, one could always revert back to the "do the math"/analog combo when all else fails in digital-land . . .

Scubaligament

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom