Drager oxy gauge sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wazza

Reaction score
Small question concerning the oxy gauge the Drager one, I am using it with the dolphin.
I sent the machine and the gauge to be fix and check and I got it back and they said that is working perfectly, the problem is with the oxy gauge I bought a new sensor and replaced the old one, but its not calibrating or doing any thing , every time I press 6 times to calibrate with in the first 2 minutes I get the ( L ) and the error message and even before reaching there it doesn’t give me the 21bar always gives me 00000 .
any ideas what is going wrong and am I doing wrong. Or maybe the problem is form the sensor or the oxy gauge.
thanks for the help in advanced.
have a nice day

CHICHO:
are you taling about the oxy-2 made by UWATEC?

no a Drager one.

That's a new one to me, Wasim. Did you replace it with the same make and model that Dräger uses, or did you use another sensor cell ?

caveseeker7:
That's a new one to me, Wasim. Did you replace it with the same make and model that Dräger uses, or did you use another sensor cell ?

So , I will tell u the truth but don’t laugh at me, usually I dive the dolphin with out an oxy gauge but I had a friend of mine who wanted to sell his so I took it form him and send it to Drager to check it if its working ( with my machine) and they send it back and they said its working just fine and I ask them to change the batteries and so on and I told them I need a sensor, so they sent me one and this is the end of the story.
Concerning its life time : They said as well that if u keep it close it will last for ever , if u are using it and careful with it , it will last max for 18 weeks .
But now its not working , I think I will go diving again with out , but its nice to see what is going on with u during the dive!!!!!!!!!!!

I never used the Oxygauge, but I'll asked around and see if anyone I know has an idea.
The bit of time I spend on Atlantis and Dolphin units I always had Uwatec with Oxy2 hooked up to it. I liked the dual cell redundancy, good readout and integrated deco info. It's expensive, but really worth it if either Dolphin, Ray, Azimuth or other active addition SCR is the unit of choice. Knowing you pO2 is too important, though that is just my opinion.

wazza:
Concerning its life time : They said as well that if u keep it close it will last for ever , if u are using it and careful with it , it will last max for 18 weeks .
That doesn't sound right either way. So I pulled the manual and had a look.
It doesn't give the shelf life (when sealed in its original container) but forever ? Not many things last that long ... .

Once openend sensor life is given with 12 - 18 months, depending on use and storage. That sounds about right, 18 weeks is ridiculous. Any sensor should last about a year, and should be replaced around that time, too. Doesn't matter if it's SCR or CCR, as the pO2 you reach during the dive are the pretty much the same.

Battery for the 6V Duracell PX28L, by the way, is given at about 300 diving hours.

caveseeker7:
I never used the Oxygauge, but I'll asked around and see if anyone I know has an idea.
The bit of time I spend on Atlantis and Dolphin units I always had Uwatec with Oxy2 hooked up to it. I liked the dual cell redundancy, good readout and integrated deco info. It's expensive, but really worth it if either Dolphin, Ray, Azimuth or other active addition SCR is the unit of choice. Knowing you pO2 is too important, though that is just my opinion.

shelf life maybe they mean for a long time not forever but this is what they said , and concerning the 18 months yes it was months not weeks sorry my mistake.

caveseeker7:
That doesn't sound right either way. So I pulled the manual and had a look.
It doesn't give the shelf life (when sealed in its original container) but forever ? Not many things last that long ... .
Once openend sensor life is given with 12 - 18 months, depending on use and storage. That sounds about right, 18 weeks is ridiculous. Any sensor should last about a year, and should be replaced around that time, too. Doesn't matter if it's SCR or CCR, as the pO2 you reach during the dive are the pretty much the same.

Battery for the 6V Duracell PX28L, by the way, is given at about 300 diving hours.

I use to dive the dolphin with no Oxygauge at all nothing not even the Uwatec with Oxy2 or anything but still I think its really safer to have something to tell u what is going on with u, I sent an email to drager and they told me to send it again , and I really hate that like I live at the corner, every time I need something I need to send it over and this is costing me a lot of money . but anyway thank u again for your help and hope u can tell me what I should do, or do u think as well I need to send it over lol. :wink:
Have a nice day

Just a small note , I took of the sensor out and turn it on again , the oxy gauge is acting the same way like with the sensor, so it look like the oxy gauge doesn’t feel that there is a sensor inside of it, any ideas???/
Thanks again for the help

wazza:
Just a small note , I took of the sensor out and turn it on again , the oxy gauge is acting the same way like with the sensor, so it look like the oxy gauge doesn’t feel that there is a sensor inside of it, any ideas???

Have you got a handheld VOM (voltmeter)? If so, check the contacts on the base
of the cell with it to see if it's producing a small DC voltage.

Also ensure that when installed in the Oxygauge that the cell is making good electrical
contact with the pins inside the gauge.

HTH -

i have a question
why would you go into the water on a rebreather with no way of knowing your pp02?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom